View Single Post
Old Tuesday, November 09, 2010
40th CTP (DMG)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Merit 73Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 2,480 Times in 622 Posts
redmax has much to be proud ofredmax has much to be proud ofredmax has much to be proud ofredmax has much to be proud ofredmax has much to be proud ofredmax has much to be proud ofredmax has much to be proud ofredmax has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by manihammad View Post
right sir. thats what i actually wanted to know. yes i totally agree with you over the importance of internet. then perhaps its best to do search on internet then. one more query if you are kind to reply. i came across this part in syllabus given here. any advices about them

# Social and Cultural Change and Social Policy Processes of Social and Cultural Change-discovery, invention, diffusion. Factors in the rate of social and culture change, Incentives and inhibitions to social and cultural change in Pakistan Social planning and directed social and cultural change.

# Community: The rural community, Traditional Characteristics of rural life, The urban community. Rural-Urban convergence, Urbanism, Future of cities in Pakistan.

Brother, though its rational that you are consulting the syllabus issued by FPSC. There's no second thought about its importance. I have a better suggestion if you are ready to take it.

I personally think past papers are your syllabus for this subject ( I do not recommend this for all subjects). Find out the important areas from past papers and prepare them. The books you already possess are sufficient. I would like to reiterate that Internet provides you with all data you require. From sociological surveys to theories to policies and shifts in policies. Simultaneously, I would advise you not to engross yourself too much in it as it can also be very time consuming if you do not come across relevant material. To avoid this, select a topic before logging on to internet. And search specifically on that topic.

Once you are done, start solving the past papers. My own strategy is that I take one past paper take for instance paper of 2005 and sit for three hours and solve it. It will be a sort of mock examination at your own place.

Hope it helps.
israrahmed (Friday, June 24, 2011), M Zahid Gondal (Monday, March 04, 2013), Mrubab (Wednesday, February 22, 2012), parwarsha (Tuesday, October 28, 2014), Sna Shah (Thursday, September 20, 2012)