View Single Post
Old Friday, September 22, 2006
Administrator

Thanked 1,084 Times in 209 Posts
Leonidas has much to be proud ofLeonidas has much to be proud ofLeonidas has much to be proud ofLeonidas has much to be proud ofLeonidas has much to be proud ofLeonidas has much to be proud ofLeonidas has much to be proud ofLeonidas has much to be proud ofLeonidas has much to be proud of
Default Member Reputation System

This is just to let you all know that the member reputation is now working. You can use the small reputation button on the top right corner of every post to award the poster some points (negative or positive) for his/her post. You can also leave comments for the post in question.

The rep system is smart enough to deal with all kind of fraud etc..
  • A new member has a rep power of 1 point. That means that being a new member you can give +1 or -1 to other member. It is not possible to rep someone over and over as this may lead to abuse the system. You need to spread reputation around to at least 20 more members before you can rep the same person again. Quite useful in this case.
  • You have a single reputation dot (see the image below) and 10 points by default when you register for the first time. Each time someone give you a positive rep, you gain one point. When you reach 100 points, you will have two green reputation dots and on and on. At the same time you gain a rep power of 4 points. Which means that each time you give positive rep to someone, the recipient will gain 4 points and same goes for the negative points.
  • If you get tons of negative reps, there are chances that your total points fall below 0 points. In this case the reputation dot becomes red instead of green. At the same time, you loose your rep power and your +ive or -ive reputation will not be counted.

Please do not abuse this system.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit : Date 09/24/2007

I would Like to append to to this thread with a short FAQ

What is reputation?
On this forum you may see the little green blocks, the more of these the user has the better 'reputation' they have. People can give other people reputation in two forms, bad rep and good rep.

How much reputation do I start with?
You start with 10 rep points, these can go up quickly if people love ya and can go down if people hate you.

How many rep points do you need to go up to another green box?
0 - 99 remains in ----------- 1 blob
On completion of 100 Points - 2 blob
On completion of 200 Points - 3 blobs
On completion of 300 Points - 4 blobs
On completion of 400 Points - 5 blobs
On completion of 500 Points - 6 blobs
On completion of 700 Points - 7 blobs
On completion of 900 Points - 8 blobs
On completion of 1100 Points - 9 blobs
On completion of 1300 Points - 10 blobs

How many rep points do I need to go into the red?
You can go into the red if you go under 0 rep points, if you do this people might see you as a bad person and might not trust you however if you have proven yourself in the forum you might find people don't take any notice

Can I find out who gave me red or green?
No. If they don't leave their name with the comment, there is not a lot you can do.

I did not do anything to get this Red, can I get it removed?
Simple no. The person gave you a red rep as they think you did something wrong, even if you don't think you did. Once again a single red rep won't make you look bad, if your a good member, most of the other reps you get would be green.

Ok I understand Green & Red but.. GRAY?
Gray is simple, think green as good, red as bad and gray as something that don't effect you. You get gray if someone who has not got enough posts reps you. Gray does not effect your rep images and should be taken as a pinch of salt

Where do I find out how many rep points I have?
Go to your user CP and you will find it there

Can I see all the rep points I ever got and the comments?
No sorry. At the moment the system allows you to show the last 5 rep points, so check often and you should remember the rep you got.

How can I give someone rep?
If you see a post you like or hate and think the poster deserves some rep click the little scales and then choose if you like or hate the post.

Last edited by Leonidas; Tuesday, September 25, 2007 at 12:13 AM.
The Following 33 Users Say Thank You to Leonidas For This Useful Post:
ALI SB (Friday, May 20, 2011), ArifAwan (Monday, May 23, 2011), Asi01 (Wednesday, January 30, 2013), Faraz_1984 (Tuesday, August 05, 2008), fatimak (Thursday, August 25, 2011), H. R. Akhunzada (Monday, February 28, 2011), Hina 11(MISS Einstein) (Wednesday, August 19, 2009), Islaw Khan (Saturday, May 23, 2009), Mahi Khursheed (Wednesday, December 17, 2014), mangat1 (Wednesday, May 26, 2010), marycop (Tuesday, November 01, 2011), MaShWaNeE (Wednesday, November 02, 2011), Muhammad Asif Ilyas (Monday, January 11, 2010), Naveed_Bhuutto (Friday, October 18, 2013), oxon (Thursday, November 22, 2012), Perhar (Thursday, December 09, 2010), pisceankhan (Thursday, August 14, 2014), prestigious (Thursday, August 25, 2011), Prince of Duhmp (Tuesday, January 29, 2013), qayym (Monday, February 23, 2009), ravaila (Thursday, October 08, 2009), Roqayyah (Wednesday, April 10, 2013), SA Haider (Wednesday, December 08, 2010), sanam jehan (Tuesday, November 23, 2010), Shaikhu (Tuesday, October 18, 2016), Shooting Star (Monday, May 17, 2010), SikanderHayat007 (Sunday, May 16, 2010), silza (Monday, December 15, 2014), Stunner (Thursday, December 20, 2012), Sureshlasi (Saturday, June 23, 2007), Tassawur (Friday, November 09, 2012), Tehman Khan (Thursday, May 30, 2013), waqas gondal (Sunday, February 07, 2010)