View Single Post
Old Monday, November 29, 2010
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,122 Times in 674 Posts
mhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud of

I guess still not 100% correct!!! There are 3 discrepencies I found,,, or deemed in my perspective.

1. Stanley McChrystal was Commander of US Forces in Afghanistan,, alright perfect, but he was also Commander of ISAF, a NATO led force, so that would essentially make a NATO Commander at the same time (confirm from wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanley_McChrystal)... That would make both options A and C correct, and also option D (cuz he was both ISAF and US commander at the same time,, the best MCQ of all CSS papers I guess, you have three correct options lol).. So I would not call this one a mistake,, but still a confusing MCQ. Interestingly, he also held a post at US CENTCOM lol.

2. Strait of Malacca conjoins Indian and Pacific Oceans,, thats for sure, but Indian Ocean with South Pacific Ocean,, well I guess we are not doing Pacific Ocean a fair cuz if we say that, it would imply South Pacific Ocean as an entire entity in its own virtue, which it is not, it is simply southern side of the ocean. I mean if the question was like it connects North Indian Ocean with South Pacific Ocean, the answer would have been justifiable, but in this case, I would have gone for option D,, do you think it would be correct??? (but anyways, it connects Pacific ocean on the eastern side with Indian ocean on western side)

3. The largest FATA agency in terms of population is Bajaur (http://fata.gov.pk/index.php?option=...d=56&Itemid=92), South Waziristan is largest in terms of total land area.

All the rest are correct, 17 marks for you lol.. (or 18 maybe)