View Single Post
Old Monday, November 29, 2010
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,122 Times in 674 Posts
mhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud of

I find these MCQs very confusing, (so I guess I should also cram some effective prayers when choosing an options in the exam hall lol). MCQs at no. 28 and 38 are apparently the same, but there is a world of difference if interpreted correctly. In no. 28, it is asked what atmospheric layer makes radio communication possible, I guess the correct option to choose for such a query would be None of these, cuz if any atmospheric layer was making possible radio communication, it would mean radio communication from space is virtually impossible, something which is not true sincce it is being carried out significantly these days. In no. 38, it is asked which layer is helpful in radio communication, here we can choose Ionosphere, cuz it reflects radio signals and thus have some kind of impact on radio communiction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Royal View Post
I found this in one of my books:

Liver: The liver, often referred to by the word root hepat, is the body's largest glandular organ.

Skin: The skin is the largest organ in the body, weighing about 4 kg. Though it appears uniform in structure and function, its thickness in fact varies, from less than 1 mm covering the eyelids to more than 5 mm on the upper back.

So, as per the above question, skin is the right answer.

I was wondering that skin and liver both are glands as well as organs. Then how liver is the largest glandular organ and skin the largest organ? After further reading the book and searching wikipedia the conclusion to which I reach is that liver is the largest internal and glandular organ, whereas skin is the largest organ of the integumentary system and also skin itself is not a gland but there are accessory structures associated with it which includes glands.

So, if asked about the largest internal or glandular organ then that would be liver otherwise the largest organ, on the whole, is skin.
Dont forget the intestine here!!! Small intestine measures over 20 feet and large intestine also measures around 5-6 feet, so there collective size will be over 25 feet tamped down inside what we perceive as stomach.

Last edited by Princess Royal; Tuesday, November 30, 2010 at 05:38 PM.