View Single Post
Old Friday, December 03, 2010
39th CTP (PSP)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2010 - Merit 222

floydian is a name known to allfloydian is a name known to allfloydian is a name known to allfloydian is a name known to allfloydian is a name known to allfloydian is a name known to all

A hollow lentil makes more noise.

Mossavir I know where you are coming from and who knows I would have done the same had I been in your place. But keep in mind that it is not a nice thing to misguide others when you happen to know the ground realities.

I refuse to indulge in mudslinging and personal attacks. As far army is concerned then I would like to ask who is trying to show off or impress others regarding army connections or support. Fools paradise is a nice place to live but not for those who are aware of the harsh realities of life. You can see that I have mentioned DMG,PSP,IRS and PAAS as the real policy makers and cream of civilian bureaucracy in my first post but no comment has been provided on that.

The point of soar-grapeism doesn’t fit to my current status (CSS qualifier). I know I’ll be allocated because of Sindh Urban quota. And rest assured that I won’t go beyond my top four group choices as far as allocations are concerned. However, the case of soar-grapesim can easily be proved from this very thread against those who are trying to belittle IRS, DMG, PAAS and PSP. Following are some soar grapes (for instance)

Soar grapesim regarding DMG
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.ali.zaidi View Post
The only thing in which DMG officers are better than us is promotion and being federal secretary but we dont mind that because when you are in your late 50s, you need to rest and enjoy the terminal service and I wouldn't like to work like a donkey at that stage even they give me designation of Federal secretary.
Soar grapesim regarding PSP and Customs
Quote:
No night patrol of police but contact with agencies. No need to be a politicians' sycophant but enjoying power more than DMG. I personally hate corruption but for those who want to go to hell, more money than you can mint in any dept. (yes more than customs.. and who get posting at ports in customs by the way :P )
Soar grapesim regarding IRS
Quote:
Full afsari life style.. not like IRS people sitting in a cabin wearing a tie and going crazy due to work load.
A proud and satisfied soul has not much to brag about. However, there is lot of bragging going on in this thread. For example

Quote:
All the facilities of army like clubs, messes, and even plots.
and
Quote:
Now basically MLC has the facilities of ICS officers (present DMG is no match for that) in a setting of army. Like Civil services k mazay aur army k sashkay
and
Quote:
In fact, i dont feel like working for next attempt cuz i dont find any group better than this
and
Quote:
Just to add here, DMG officers are posted as DDO revenue of a small area of city. There are several DDOs working parallel to him. However, as far as CEO is concerned, our 17th grade officer commands the area of DMG's or PSPs 18th or 19th grade officer. and we dont have just the revenue but we have even more powers than DCO. Beside, we dont have to make politicians happy to get a posting and army is always there to make us a combo of civil and military bureaucracy.
Now let me continue with the discussion. The only reason that I am posting in this thread is not because I want to win some argument by lying, showing off or twisting the real picture but to provide the juniors, css aspirants and qualifiers an actual insight about MLCG. I repeat my words that it is a nice and decent group. You get good facilities like government vehicle, residence and an excellent office. However, this group also has demerits like snail pace promotions, working under constant pressure from army officers, low exposure regarding public dealing, no or very limited prospects of getting into bureaucratic hierarchy and policy making, no independent authority as it is the Cantonment Board whose ex-officio president is a Station Commander (serving brigadier) which normally decides and lays down policies. CEO only executes these policies and he is under tight scrutiny of the Board members.

If you ONLY want roti, kapra, makan, car and malee then please do not hesitate to join this group. But if you want roti, kapra, makan, car and mallee plus independent authority, identity, fast promotions to higher grades like 20 and above, providing services to the general public, self respect and above all recognition than consider revising your decision and go for PSP, DMG, IRS, PAAS, Customs, FSP, Railways or Postal group. But if you have to choose between IG, C&TG and MLCG then go for MLCG.

Plus I would like to advise the juniors that you don’t have to believe in what I am saying or others are saying about MLCG. You must consult your own sources and rely on your own judgment and don’t be confused about your decisions.

Finally, to Dr Ali Zaidi

Quote:
i was talking to a senior major friend of mine and he told me that he had been calling CEO for 2 weeks for some tree that is against his house but CEO doesn't even heed him due to the attitude.. (however thats wrong because CEO must heed to my major friend cuz after all army people are so helpless when it come 'out of their house' issue
Hmm you are trying to be a spin doctor now. Previously you were saying that how Pak army makes you a combo meal and how resourceful (showing your dependence on Pak army) it is and now you are saying that army is dependent on MLCG to get little things done as if army is not that resourceful. Don’t you feel there is an element audacious contradiction in your posts?

Like it or not an army officer does not need to bother any subordinate authority to get a tree removed. Tell your “senior major friend” that if he is in active army service then get two or three army jawans from the unit to cut the tree and dispose it off.

cheers,
floydian
Fatima47 (Tuesday, September 06, 2011), Hamza Salick (Sunday, July 17, 2011), mjkhan (Friday, December 03, 2010), ThePhoenix (Monday, December 20, 2010), tknw01 (Monday, December 20, 2010), Usman Cheema (Friday, December 03, 2010), Zainab S (Saturday, November 15, 2014)