View Single Post
Old Monday, January 10, 2011
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: Css 2010

Thanked 1,291 Times in 524 Posts
Viceroy is a splendid one to beholdViceroy is a splendid one to beholdViceroy is a splendid one to beholdViceroy is a splendid one to beholdViceroy is a splendid one to beholdViceroy is a splendid one to behold

Hello everyone,

I have been through my interview today at FPSC Islamabad. The best advice I can give in order of importance is:

1) Prepare very convincing justification for your first preference. You should know how things work in your occupational group of choice and how would you make things better in that group. The panel will keep on pushing you on this and in my case no less than 40% of the interview revolved around this matter.

2) Be ready to answer questions from your optional subjects and also expect a few related to your last degree. These questions are very random so I don't remember most of them but the point is that you should prepare your optionals and expect another 40% of the interview from them.

3) You would be expected to justify answers that you wrote in your psychological test earlier.

4) Current affairs. Surprisingly there were only a couple of questions from this area which in my case included Joe Biden's expected Pakistan visit and aftermath of US leaving Afghanistan in 2014.

That's all people, as far as actual questions are concerned, they vary a lot from candidate to candidate so preparing along the lines of the points I have mentioned can be much more helpful to you than knowing actual questions, 95% of the questions posted in evez's post up there were not asked from me.

All the best.
Artemis (Tuesday, January 11, 2011), Asifr (Wednesday, January 12, 2011), dr adnan rana (Tuesday, January 11, 2011), Gul Khan (Monday, January 10, 2011), H. R. Akhunzada (Monday, January 17, 2011), Kamran (Monday, January 10, 2011), Khurshid.A.Mahsud (Monday, January 10, 2011), rabelmustafa (Sunday, January 16, 2011), Saad Qaisrani (Monday, January 10, 2011), tknw01 (Monday, January 10, 2011), xenia (Monday, January 10, 2011)