View Single Post
Old Wednesday, January 12, 2011
40th CTP (DMG)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Merit 22Elite CSP Medal: Members who previously received (CSP Award  and Member of the Year Award ) OR (CSP award + Gold Medal + Medal of Appreciation) are eligible for this award. - Issue reason: Member of the Year: Awarded to those community members who have made invaluable contributions to the Community in the particular year - Issue reason: 2012

Thanked 2,147 Times in 983 Posts
usman khalid has a brilliant futureusman khalid has a brilliant futureusman khalid has a brilliant futureusman khalid has a brilliant futureusman khalid has a brilliant futureusman khalid has a brilliant futureusman khalid has a brilliant futureusman khalid has a brilliant futureusman khalid has a brilliant futureusman khalid has a brilliant futureusman khalid has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eager View Post
NARRATION 2009

(iv) The traveler said, “What a dark night?”

P.S: Plz solve sentence IV. I think there should have been exclamation mark instead of question mark. confused in this.
You are right.. There should have been a exclaimation mark. Question mark here does not make sense...

Considering there is exclaimation mark in the above sentence, the inderect narration is:

The traveller exclaimed with wonder that it was a very dark night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xaara~hussain View Post
6) He said, "I don't know the way. Ask the old man sitting on the gate."

He said that he didn't know the way and asked me to ask the old man sitting on the gate.
'and' is used to separate because the two sentences in the reported speech.'me' is assumed that he was talking to me.

7) My father prayed that I would recover from my illness.

My father said to me, "May you recover."
6) He said that he did not know the way and advised me to ask the old man sitting on the gate.

7) MY father said (to me), "May you recover." (Full stop always comes before closing inverted commas)

Last edited by Chauhdary12; Tuesday, June 14, 2011 at 03:28 AM. Reason: Merged
The Following User Says Thank You to usman khalid For This Useful Post:
Eager (Thursday, January 13, 2011)