View Single Post
Old Sunday, January 23, 2011
39th CTP (DMG)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2010 - Merit 61

Khurshid.A.Mahsud will become famous soon enoughKhurshid.A.Mahsud will become famous soon enough

Living within one`s means
From the Newspaper(DAWN)
23 January.

APROPOS of the article “I am corrupt, honestly!` (Jan 20) by Syed Saadat, I was stunned to read how the writer called civil servants corrupt. He makes a strange observation, that the civil servant has two choices: “either do not get married or don`t be honest”.

There is a third choice: to live with what you have. Unfortunately we have given up the virtue of `living within our means`. I was born to an army officer and remember travelling on a motorcycle with my parents.

Have we ever seen an AC or DC riding a motorcycle? My mother worked in a bank to supplement the family income. My father once told me that a DC was reported to have enrolled his wife and sister as lady heath workers only to draw their incomes.

I remember some civil servants` wives at the NDC told us that their children were studying abroad and that they also visited them during vacations. How did they manage that?

ZAMMARAH SARMAD AWAN
Karachi
Khalifaa (Friday, March 11, 2011), sumia (Sunday, January 23, 2011)