View Single Post
Old Thursday, February 03, 2011
39th CTP (DMG)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2010 - Merit  09Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

maliasghar is a glorious beacon of lightmaliasghar is a glorious beacon of lightmaliasghar is a glorious beacon of lightmaliasghar is a glorious beacon of lightmaliasghar is a glorious beacon of light

Ok, here goes the details of my interview.

As I was ushered in, the customary greetings from the Chairman came. He started reading out loud details about my education record, and asked a few trivial things, to which I just nodded in affirmation. Then, he started a volley of question.

Chairman:
  1. First question on some geographical feature (I don;t remember, because I did not about that ).
  2. Where are the Grand Canyons? (Again, I did not know about their exact location)
  3. Tell us about your domicile district. (I gave him a small brief)
  4. Prominent personalities of your area. (Mentioned 4, to which he asked me about one more, and I said 'yes, he also belongs from my area')
  5. Details about my current job. What specific are you doing? (I am working in education sector)
  6. Why is early childhood education necessary?
  7. How can you be of any value while serving in DMG?
  8. What are your views on the state of governance in Pakistan?
  9. What lessons have your drawn from the favourite book you have mentioned?

After he was done, he handed over to the other member.

Second Member:
  1. About my previous job: what was my job role there ?
  2. There are apprehensions about privatization process. What should be done?
  3. Planning Process, and can it be applied in District Governments? Who should be responsible for that?
  4. Your views on latest Monetary Policy issued by the State Bank?
  5. How can borrowing of government from the SBP be curtailed?
  6. What are your views on the latest uprisings in Egypt and its consequences?

Last member:
  1. What is the difference between administration and management?
  2. Why do you think bureaucracy becomes politicized?
  3. How can this politicization stopped?
  4. How can your IT background be of any help in district administration?
  5. What are the generations of Computer

I was not asked anything about my proforma, or optionals, nor any comment was made on my psychological profile. I don't know if that is a good thing or bad. Neither were there any questions/discussions on my hobbies, interests, or my education.
I am a little nervous, because I was not asked questions on my strength areas, or which I had prepared all this time.
Abar e Rehmat (Saturday, February 05, 2011), adeelehsan (Thursday, February 03, 2011), Asifr (Thursday, February 03, 2011), converter (Saturday, February 05, 2011), dr adnan rana (Thursday, February 03, 2011), drvalentino (Saturday, February 05, 2011), Eager (Sunday, December 18, 2011), Gul Khan (Thursday, February 03, 2011), Herrio (Tuesday, February 17, 2015), humaira Younis Bhatti (Saturday, February 05, 2011), illuminate (Tuesday, February 08, 2011), imranazeem (Monday, June 08, 2015), Kamran (Thursday, February 03, 2011), kashifilyas (Thursday, February 03, 2011), Khurshid.A.Mahsud (Thursday, February 03, 2011), maha4799 (Wednesday, February 16, 2011), Malik Asfand Yar (Monday, December 19, 2011), Malmeena Khan (Tuesday, January 03, 2012), Muhammad Arif Shah (Wednesday, July 13, 2011), rishzzz (Monday, February 07, 2011), Saad Qaisrani (Thursday, February 03, 2011), SADIA SHAFIQ (Friday, October 14, 2011), shahmalik (Monday, December 19, 2011), silza (Monday, December 15, 2014), student (Friday, April 04, 2014), The Manager (Wednesday, October 19, 2011), tknw01 (Thursday, February 03, 2011), Viceroy (Thursday, February 03, 2011)