View Single Post
Old Sunday, October 08, 2006

jsmawais is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Forgot one thing in last post

While answering the last argument, I forgot to give the complete explanation.
The Sunnah has made mandatory that amputation of limbs be dropped during famine. This is condition posed by the Nas itself and not by common sense or other logical theories.
Hudood are subject to various conditions and once they are fulfilled, there is no choice to drop them. This is because of the fact that Hudood (except Qazf) are Haqqullah i.e. Right of Allah.
One more saying of Hadrat Umar (RAA) may be useful to explain the above point; it is reported by Imam Nasa'i in his Sunan; its narrator is Abdullah ibn Abbas (RAA).
Quote:
Arabic: Ana la najd min ar-Rajm badd'n fa inna huu hadd min al-Hudoodullah; ALA! Wa inna Rasullullahe Sallahu Alaihe Wassalam qad Rajm wa Rajmna ba'ada..." [Tradition of Nasa'i as quoted in Tafseer ibn Kathir]
Translation: "We have no choice to avoid Rajm, because, it is a Hadd from the Hudoodullah. AND REMEMBER! that the Prophet Sallahu alaihe wassalam carried out stoning (Rajm) and we too have awarded stoning after him. If there was no risk of people saying that Umar (R.A.A.) has added something to the Quran on his own, I would have written this (punishment of stoning) in any corner of the Qur'an (as a footnote) And Umar ibn Khattab is a witness, Abdur Rahman bin Auf is a witness, and so-and-so companions are witnesses that the Prophet (S.A.W.) had awarded stoning."
Feel free to ask questions or raise objections...

Abdul Rehman,
Peshawar, Pakistan.