View Single Post
Old Monday, October 09, 2006

jsmawais is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Thanks for the information...

Thanks for the valuable information...
It increased respect of Maulana Shabbir Ahmed Usmani (RA) in my heart that he joined Muslim League in 1946. This was probably due to the fact that he was higher in intellect, foresight, etc. than Maulana Abul Kalam Azad. ONLY Maulana Abul Kalam Azad and other scholars who followed him, refuted the idea of Pakistan.

He [Maulana Shabbir Ahmed Usmani] had studied Islam, science, literature and scriptures of other religions including Torah, Gospel, etc. He was renowned as the Sheikhul Islam of the sub-continent.

His son, Mufti Muhammad Shafi Usmani (RA), remained president of Darul Uloom Deoband for about 10 years. He was also the Grand Mufti of Pakistan and founded the famous institution, Darul Uloom Karachi. He wrote the famous tafseer of Quran viz. Ma'ariful Qur'an.
One of his sons, Mufti Muhammad Rafi Usmani, is the present Grand Mufti of Pakistan and president of Darul Uloom Karachi.
Mufti Muhammad Taqi Usmani, a scholar of international fame, is brother of Mufti Rafi Usmani and vice president of Darul Uloom Karachi. He holds degrees in Economics & Law and remained a judge, firstly in the Federal Shariah Court and then, in the Shariat Appellate Bench of the Supreme Court of Pakistan. He is also the chair-person of the Jeddah-based Fiqh Council of the OIC (Organization of Islamic Conference) and editor of Al-Balagh.

This thread was very helpful to me, as I was also doubtful about JI & JUI's stance on Pakistan.

Regards,
Abdul Rehman.