Thread: Difference
View Single Post
Old Saturday, February 12, 2011
Provincial Civil Service
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: PMS / PCS Award: Serving PMS / PCS (BS 17) officers are eligible only. - Issue reason: Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 2,335 Times in 569 Posts
Xeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by baloachpk View Post
What is the difference between BCS(EB) officer and the one selected by CSS in DMG? If both are going to be selected as Assistant Commissioner then what is the difference?
BCS (EB) - Balochistan Civil Service Executive Branch is executive service and officers are appointed as Assistant Commissioners after revival of executive magistracy in the province. It has rapid promotions like DMG in Balochistan. But since DMG is a strong lobby and they protect the interests of each other.

You can see in Balochistan, DMG Officers get good postings, current Chief Secretary is local DMG and in Balochistan since 1970 only one provincial service officer managed to get posting of Cheif Secretary. Moreover, DMG officer can be promoted to BS - 22 whereas BCS (EB) reach to BS - 21. BCS (EB) can only be posted in Balochistan whereas DMG has domain of postings across the country. CSS is a charm and DMG is its soul.