MUSLIM LAW & JURISPRUDENCE 2011

FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION

COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION FOR
RECRUITMENT TO POSTS .IN BS-17
UNDER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT, 2011

MUSLIM LAW & JURISPRUDENCE

TIME ALLOWED: THREE HOURS (PART-I MCQs) 30 MINUTES MAXIMUM MARKS: 2C

(PART-II) 2 HOURS & 30 MINUTES MAXIMUM MARKS: 8C
NOTE: (i) First attempt PART-I (MCQs) on separate Answer Sheet which shall be taken back after 30 minutes. (ii) Overwriting/cutting of the options/answers will not be given credit.

(PART-I MCOs) (COMPULSORY)

Q.I. Select the best option/answer and fill in the appropriate box on the Answer Sheet. (1x20=20)

(i)Who established a prison-house for malefactors?
(a) Hazrat Umar (R.A.) (b) Hazrat Abu Dakar (R A.) (c) Hazrat Usman (R.A.) (d) None of these

(ii)Who wrote the first book on science of law or usul:
(a) AbuHanifa (b) Imam Malik (c) Imam Shafi'i (d) None of these

(iii)Sale of dates on a tree in consideration for plucked dates is:
(a) Mulamassa (b) Munabadha (c) Muzabana (d) None of these

(iv) A woman may be a Qadi according to:
(a) Malikis (b) Hanafis (c) Hamblis (d) None of these

(v) Plurality of wives is called:
(a) Bigamy (b) Polygamy (c) Polyandry (d) None of these

vi)The Muslim Family Laws Ordinance was enacted in:
(a) 1960 (b) 1959 (c) 1961 (d) None of these

(vii)The Dissolution of Muslim Marriages Act was enacted in:
(a) 1949 (b) 1939 (c) 1959 (d) None of these

(viii)Who was appointed as first Qadi by Hazrat Abu Bakar (R.A.)?
(a) Hazrat All (R A.) (b) Hazrat Usman (R.A.) (c) Hazrat Umar (R.A.) (d) None of these

(ix)Who is the author of 'Taudeh':
(a) Taftazani (b) SadruShariat (c) Ahmed Ibne-Qasim (d) None of these
(x)A void bequest is:
(a) Contingent bequest (b) Bequest made to the child in womb born within six months None of these (c) Alternative bequest (d) None of these
(xi)Maa' si' at deals with:
(a) Torts (b) Crime (c) Sale (d) None of these

(xii) Under Islamic Law a child is legitimate if born after the dissolution of marriage and wife remaining unmarried:
(a) Within one year of the termination of marriage (b) Within 280 days of the termination of marriage
(c) Within six months of the termination of marriage (d) None of these

(xiii) The limit of testamentary power by Muslim is:
(a) 1/8 (b) 1/3 (c) 1/5 (d) None of these

(xiv) A divorce by ILa means:
(a) False accusation of adultery by husband (b) Apostasy from Islam by husband
(c) An agreement between husband and wife to dissolve marriage. (d) None of these

(xv) At the time when Islamic Law came into force the kinds of marriages were in vogue:
(a) 5 (b) 3 (c) 4 (d) None of these

(xvi) Sadqa once completed by delivery is:
(a) Revocable (b) Not revocable (c) Revocable subject to condition (d) None of these (xvii) Ijtihad means:

(a) Consensus of opinion (b) A gathering of Mujtahids (c) Law-making (d) None of these (xviii Abu Yusuf, Muhammad and Zufar were the pupils of:
(a) Imam Abu Hanifa (b) ImamShafi'i (c) Imam Malik (d) None of these

(xix) A collection of traditions known as 'Musnadu'l Imam HambaT consists of traditions:
(a) 30,000 (b) 40,000 (c) 50,000 (d) None of these

(xx) The provision regarding polygamy under the Muslim Family Laws Ordinance is contained in Section:
(a) 4 (b) 7 (c) 6 (d) None of these

PART-II
NOTEi) PART-II is to foattempted on separate Answer
(ii) Attempt ONLY FOUR questions from PART-II. All questions carry EQUAL marks. _ (iii) Extra attempt of any question or any part of the attempted question will not be considered,
Q.2. It was during the reign of the Abbasides that the four schools of law were founded. Write a comprehensive (20) note on the Hanafi school of thought with regard to the development of Islamic Jurisprudence.
Q .3. A Muslim marriage is a civil contract. Both the contracting parties have equal rights in rescinding a marriage contract. Discuss this in the light of both traditional Islamic law and Pakistani Law.
QC4. What do you understand by bigamous marriage? Explain it under classical Islamic law vis-a-vis Pakistani Law.
Q.5. "No bequest in favour of a legal heir." Discuss this statement according to the various schools of Islamic Jurisprudence.
• Q.6. When and in what circumstances can a woman seek dissolution of her marriage? Discuss under the / Dissolution of Muslim Marriages Act, 1939.
Q ^. The parliament in Pakistan can not be used for consensus of opinion. Do you agree? If not then give reasons.
Q.8. Write note on each of the following: (5 x 4 = 20 )
(i) Iddat (ii) Death illness (iii) Khula (iv) Option of puberty

Last edited by Andrew Dufresne; Monday, March 07, 2011 at 02:29 PM. Reason: Do NOT use red color
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mian Zaheer Abbas For This Useful Post:
chaudhry610 (Wednesday, April 20, 2011), Farah Rasheed (Sunday, March 18, 2012), fiza mehar (Monday, March 07, 2011), sas19 (Thursday, May 31, 2012), SeektoLead (Saturday, July 14, 2012), Shahid Shakoor (Monday, March 07, 2011), Waqas77 (Thursday, December 06, 2012)