View Single Post
Old Tuesday, March 08, 2011
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Roll no 8407

shanrafiq is on a distinguished road

with all respect i beg to differ,
Again the discussion is taking us to ijtehad and qualification of a mujtahid. Ijetehad is a totally different concept and ijema making of consensus is something different.

Secondly i beg to differ regarding the changing of laws. No doubt ijmaa cannot be questioned by an individual jurist. Except for the ijmaa made by the companion of the prophet all other ijmaa may be reversed or modified by the ijmaa of the same or subsequent age.

And as i have mentioned earlier in parliment the laws are not necessarily made by the legislatures. They use the assistance of mujtahids experts of the field. The people who understand islam. Basically the laws are made with the help of experts, but presented in the parliment for consensus. Do you think are parliment is smart enough to have made the muslim marriage act or the muslim family ordinance, or mercantile law or international law. No without a doubt they are not, but they get assistance from experts, thats why there are posts for technocrats, experts in the government. We are talking about a platform and this era without a doubt parliment is the one. could you name any other institution which would be so widely accepted and whose laws so widely followed (constitution) other than the parliment. No doubt there may be few short cummings but they can be removed.

Last edited by Andrew Dufresne; Tuesday, March 08, 2011 at 09:06 PM.