View Single Post
Old Sunday, March 13, 2011
40th CTP (DMG)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Merit 16Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

ArifAwan is a splendid one to beholdArifAwan is a splendid one to beholdArifAwan is a splendid one to beholdArifAwan is a splendid one to beholdArifAwan is a splendid one to beholdArifAwan is a splendid one to behold

It was my maiden attempt of CSS exams. Luckily, we had to take PMS exams in January which proved to be a litmus test for our preparation and enabled us ( KPK candidates) to learn from our mistakes prior to CSS. My observations are;

1. Its not only necessary to develop knowledge; the expression of such knowledge becomes more important at times. Therefore, it is a mandatory for everybody to practice "time management" besides being able to answer the question appropriately in limited words.

2. Islamiat paper pattern resembles current affairs' paper in many respects therefore, the conventional approach is of no use. For better understanding of Ijtehad, do read Islamic jurisprudence book for it. Besides, the jurisprudence book is helpful in certain other questions as well. Friday feature of dawn must be given a proper read.

3. Critical analysis of issues was the flavor of the month. Simple memorization and narration of the events/elements will not serve the purpose. One must keep in touch with the latest developments and trends in every sphere of knowledge (subject).

4. Original texts should be read, if possible as against the guides and top twenties. This will help in objectives portion.

5. For Islamic history "K.Ali"'s book is more than enough.

I tried to the best of my ability through a preparation of mere three months and i am satisfied. I am content with the fact that even if it does not turn out to be a successful attempt, it was a good addition to my experience. Best of luck!
Ahmed_2007_Cool (Sunday, March 13, 2011), NASR KHAN (Thursday, March 17, 2011)