Thread: Sociology 2011
View Single Post
Old Thursday, March 17, 2011
40th CTP (IRS)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Merit 58

soloflyer has a spectacular aura aboutsoloflyer has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishzzz View Post
Well Solofyer!

The question was pretty easy and direct.

He asked in 1st part

Define Social Change???

he just asked definition of social change so what you could have done, is you may have added definition + Theories of Social Change like evolutionary cyclical, equilibrium, conflict theory and their minor details.....

Now lets come to the larger potion of the question. He asked to discuss in detail the process of social change in group Behavior or collective behavior....

he asked you to discuss the social change on collective behavior like preconditions, fashion, crowd, public opinion, rumour, mob, movements etc....

I hope things are clearer now for you or you must have recalled. If you still are unclear then i can recommend u to check out the Alex thew book which i used for my attempt last year as its 16th Chapter is on the concerned question.....

Regards

that is what i wanted to make it clear to you ...that the larger part of the question was not related to social change but group behaviour...and if you look at the sociology syllabus there is no mention about the groups and associations..and most of the past papers had no questions related to groups ...in horton and hunt there was also a chapter regarding this group behaviour...but i missed it:P...i had covered the whole social change chapter but this question was not from social change ....that is why i preferred not to attempt it...
anyways thanks for answering my query