Thread: Sociology 2011
View Single Post
Old Friday, March 18, 2011
PMS - S&GAD
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: Css 2010 - Roll no 5865PMS / PCS Award: Serving PMS / PCS (BS 17) officers are eligible only. - Issue reason: 2011 - Merit No. 43

rishzzz is just really nicerishzzz is just really nicerishzzz is just really nicerishzzz is just really nicerishzzz is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali Ahmad Syed View Post
Dear shanrafiq
The question on urbanization in paper was:

Q.4: Discuss in detail "Urbanization as a process".

I am also a contestant in CE-2011. Sociology was one of my optionals. I didn't attempted the said question. Following could be my answer:

Urbanization: Defination (since not asked in question, one may omit)
Urbanization as a process:

Urbanization, in conventional terms, refers to the process through which society is transformed from one that is predominantly rural, in economy, culture and life style, to one that is predominantly urban.

So discuss and expand the above small para. What are the processes involved through which a society transformed from rural to urban.
You will not required to give advantages or disadvantages. Just explain the process in detail.
No you can not omit definition, though he didnt formally ask you but you need to write it as well to give the question a smooth start.
This question was just a short essay on urbanization. There was nothing amibigious in it.
Question can be attempted in this way::

Definition
What is urbanization Process __ Detail with examples
Social change factor
Causes behind urbanization (lot many can be added, like employment, education, health, better standard of life)
Effects of Urbanization (Structural impact, social impact, economic impact, environmental impact, demand-supply gap, law and order)
Transformation of society___Through the lenses of culture, manners, norms, behavior
Merits and Demerits
Conclusion

This may have been the way to express the said question, if you even stay relatively general as well...

Regards