Thread: Sociology 2011
View Single Post
Old Sunday, March 20, 2011
PMS - S&GAD
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: Css 2010 - Roll no 5865PMS / PCS Award: Serving PMS / PCS (BS 17) officers are eligible only. - Issue reason: 2011 - Merit No. 43

rishzzz is just really nicerishzzz is just really nicerishzzz is just really nicerishzzz is just really nicerishzzz is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SADIA SHAFIQ View Post
in my knowledge social change is of two types..evolution and revolution and i justify the revolution from 1940 to 1947 as mass contact campaign,resolution and awareness,leadership,organization and rapid changing scenario..and so ..revolution is not a social change??
You took it in a very broader perspective, i already quoted this. Revolution comes in it as social change but in macro perspective, let me tell you what a revolution is.
Revolution is a change in organizational, social and systematic structures. That can widely impact your change in constitutions, institutions, culture, economy and society......But we were inherited same culture, same institutions, cz constitution as we followed that of 1935 act and economy and society was also no more different after years of impact. Though what we had only difference was ideology on the basis of religion than religion defined the rest of the terms like change in culture, living, norms etc, We can in no way term the period between 1940-47 as revolution but we can term it as Struggle for independence ... I hope you got my point...You must be clear about revolution now.

But if you take the broader lens of social change which does not just stick to the collective behavioral approach but covers macro issues than evolution n revolution also come into it....
Kamran (Sunday, March 20, 2011), Rayaan Haider (Saturday, April 02, 2011)