View Single Post
Old Saturday, April 16, 2011

muhammad faizan hayat is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argus View Post
Assalamo alaikum:
The questions you have asked are, in my opinion, not as such governed by any set rules. However, I shall try my level best to assist you:

1. I did contemplate on the matter when I was taking the exam; failing to find any particular formal rule, I made up my mind that by using the concept of precis, one should not reproduce the quotations or use the phrase 'writer says'. I suggest you should do the same in a generalized manner.

2. I opted to write my rough draft on the backside of the question paper.

3. I would recommend spelling out the background or the origin of the quotation with one word of caution, which is that one should do so when he is 200% sure.

4. Yes, surely we can cite our personal experiences provided that the essay allows us to do so and it has sense and suitability there. You might be aware of the type of essays called 'Personal Essays'.

5.There is no such restriction. However, one should be mindful of sequence and the theme at hand.

6. Again there is no hard and fast rule about minimum. Anyway, since essay carries 100 marks, it is better to write an essay with reasonable length. To share my experience, it is submitted that I exhausted the entire answer sheet and borrowed no extra sheet(s).

7. As is said, practice makes a man perfect, I think yes if you have time you MUST practise it. Anyway, good and careful reading habit is a form of permanent practice.

Wassalam
Kamran
(Kamran Adil scored 74 in Essay)
salam
what if a quote is given to explore in the compreehensive note?
i mean the same style and attributes are used in comprehensive note or this part has to be dealt in a uniqe manner?