View Single Post
Old Sunday, April 17, 2011
Makhzan-e-Urdu Adab
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 4,047 Times in 1,576 Posts
Farrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by dicey View Post
my querry is that if we dont know the name of the poet ,can we correctly comprehend the poetry? i mean a shair might convey different literal meaning but its meaning with regard to the whole work might be different.
The verses in Urdu compulsory are enough easy to explain.They are just to check your understanding and capability to elaborate poetry,that's why,they are neither complicated nor convey any ambiguous meanings.For example;

tum hamaray kisi tarah na hue,
werna dunya mein kia nahi hota

Even if you don't know the name of poet,you can easily explain.Isn't it?

Quote:
my second querry is that what standard we should keep in view while doing tashree. is it the mere translation of words or we must write something with reference to the context of the stanza?
Look!the verses for tashreeh are not taken from "Nazm" whose every sher is connected with the other having some context.In paper of Urdu compulsory,they give sher from "ghazal" and ghazal's every sher is different from the other so no context at all.Well..It should not be mere translation rather it should be proper explanation.Tashreeh which I did in previous post is "mafhoom" just for understanding of ghazal.Proper Tashreeh should be like this;

CSS Forums - View Single Post - Faiz Ahmad Faiz
CSS Forums - View Single Post - Faiz Ahmad Faiz

Quote:
moreover plz guide abt the source from which urdu grammer can be prepared as most of us dont study urdu after fsc.
Buy book Urdu general for PMS;all literary terms will be there.

Quote:
and lastly i ve heard from someone that urdu paper should be done in a manner which is liked by urdu teachers. i mean giving poetic references,quotes from famous urdu scholars etc.. if this is the requirement how can we manage to learn these things in this short time..
plz elaborate.
Just memorize some easy poetic verses which can be used in every tashreeh.Poetry on "gham","mortality of world","indifference of beloved".Find easy ashaar that can be easily memorized.for example;

dil e nadaa'n tujhe hua kia hai,
aakhir is dard ki dawa kia hai

And

tum meray paas hotay ho goya,
jab koi doosra nahi hota
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Farrah Zafar For This Useful Post:
dicey (Sunday, April 17, 2011), Waleed92 (Thursday, December 01, 2016)