View Single Post
Old Tuesday, April 19, 2011

FarazAli is on a distinguished road

Suman-no doubt wearing veil has so many advantages as it purges society of many evils. When France is concerned with her security it can take every step to secure the country regardless of wishes of minority. Here France would not be concerned with whose wishes should be accomodated. We (Pakistan) did exactly the same if we would face the same threat. Would u allow Christian and Jews to predominate our culture in Pakistan? Hhere your concern regarding freedom of preaching allowed to various religions is irrelevant.
Moreover if parliament is wrong, then what is the need of it? Why did people of France elect the parliament?

Quote:
Faraz, I never argued against ban on Burqa; instead, I vociferously advocated this new legislation, banning woman from masking their identity.

Guyz, I am entitled to my own views, so don't crucify me here on forum. Brief summary of my answer:

Societally, I feel the burqa represents dehumanizing of women. As if they are not but sexual objects and evil temptresses trying to test the virtue of men. It also infantilizes and degrades men, as if men are nothing more than crazed and hyper-sexed beings. Burqa/niqab strips away a woman's identity. Almost reminiscent of the names given to women in Handmaid's Tale (Offred, Ofglen) where her existence is based upon her valuation to a man.

Basically, the burqa reduces a woman to nothingness and it reduces men to nothing more than wanton animals. Pragmatically though, I support its ban because I think no one should be able to hide their identity in public. Masks are illegal in public places most of the time, why should an exception be made just for a special class of citizens?

There is a dire need to run an unrelenting campaign against Niqab/Burqa in Muslim countries and create awareness that Burqa symbolizes oppression and not a personal choice. Burqa should no longer be defined as symbol of piety or sanctity.

Burqa also polarizes women in a society; women wearing Burqa boasts of their self-righteousness whereas women without Burqa is not defined well in terms of morality in conservative Muslim societies. This is hallmark of France because in Islam their is no concept of Burqa or face covering.
Dear sheeraz I think u have deviated a little bit from the answer-v r discussing here burqa with particular reference to France. Nevertheless ur arguments r not fully irrelevant.

Well guys I justified France in the exam because France is not a land of the Muslim. It is land of non-muslims and they can legislate whatever they feel right. We cannot force them in legislating in favor of the muslim. If we force them then we ll ve to wage a war with every country which bans burqa. Islam does not allow force in preaching. Rather it enjoins to preach religion peacefully. In this situation we can peacefully preach to people of France on burqa. In my justification I quoted some references. One of my quotes was a fatwa issued by a renowned muslim scholar, I guess his name was imam Juma. When someone asked the imam whether selling wine by a Muslim in a non-muslim country is allowed in Islam. He replied positively.He said yes. Further in justification of his fatwa he quoted a fatwa issued by imam Hanfia. So guys when a muslim can sell wine in non-muslim country, then why muslim women cannot move freely without burqa in a non-muslim country? It is a need of an hour.jesa des wesa bhais.