View Single Post
Old Tuesday, April 19, 2011
PMS - S&GAD
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: Css 2010 - Roll no 5865PMS / PCS Award: Serving PMS / PCS (BS 17) officers are eligible only. - Issue reason: 2011 - Merit No. 43

rishzzz is just really nicerishzzz is just really nicerishzzz is just really nicerishzzz is just really nicerishzzz is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassawur View Post
I would differ here as well as Ikram Rabbani's book is concerned.
Brother I have read and followed that book even made my notes from that book in 2010.
I have found many errors of dates and names in it.
Moreover the analysis of the writer is not up to the mark.
It is an easy book but not at all of standard.
When I was told all this , I compared the book taking the side of it.
But I was let down by the book.
This year I studied "Trek to Pakistan". It is indeed a highly standard book.
i agree with you for errors. There are errors in the book but its is wrong to say that book is not of standard. I don't know what is your criteria of standard book but as per my small knowledge i would say you should take guidance from all these books if you need extended and detailed knowledge or research;

K.B Saeed
K.K Aziz
K.B. Saeed
I.H. Qureshi
Hassan Askari
Waheed-uz-zaman
Jamil-ud-din
Philip Cohen
Safdar Mahmood

However sometimes candidates say it is difficult for them to study from many books as i mentioned above so they need 1 book which could cover all aspects then i would say there is a good choice if somebody selects Ikram Rabbani's book. It depends how one takes the book. I would'nt agree on this perception that book is not of standard...
Tassawur (Tuesday, April 19, 2011)