View Single Post
Old Tuesday, April 19, 2011
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Roll no 8157Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 2,849 Times in 1,328 Posts
Tassawur is a bearer of wisdomTassawur is a bearer of wisdomTassawur is a bearer of wisdomTassawur is a bearer of wisdomTassawur is a bearer of wisdomTassawur is a bearer of wisdomTassawur is a bearer of wisdomTassawur is a bearer of wisdomTassawur is a bearer of wisdomTassawur is a bearer of wisdomTassawur is a bearer of wisdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishzzz View Post
i agree with you for errors. There are errors in the book but its is wrong to say that book is not of standard. I don't know what is your criteria of standard book but as per my small knowledge i would say you should take guidance from all these books if you need extended and detailed knowledge or research;

K.B Saeed
K.K Aziz
K.B. Saeed
I.H. Qureshi
Hassan Askari
Waheed-uz-zaman
Jamil-ud-din
Philip Cohen
Safdar Mahmood

However sometimes candidates say it is difficult for them to study from many books as i mentioned above so they need 1 book which could cover all aspects then i would say there is a good choice if somebody selects Ikram Rabbani's book. It depends how one takes the book. I would'nt agree on this perception that book is not of standard...
I agree with you that it is a valid book for beginners and is easy.
But brother as competition is getting tough and tough and
more analytic , so one needs to follow a book which develops opinion prudent and expression elegant.
Expression is not up to the mark of any of the books you mentioned other then this.
Neither its substance and material
are comparable with them.
Therefore , one should invest more time and energies but should come up in competition prepared .
This is not exam to be passed, but to be excelled in.
zujaja (Friday, April 29, 2011)