View Single Post
Old Wednesday, April 20, 2011
Banned

Sheeraz S is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by soloflyer View Post
you are right this was an open ended question.

i started with a quote from john stuart mill,
"the greatest threat to a society does not come from the government , but from the society itself .which fails to accommodate differing views " ( i do not remember the exact quote right now ).
so the first challenge i quoted was INTOLERANCE ...
3) Illiteracy
3) Economic woes
4)terrorism

for the solution .... i started from another quote ...aristotle said , " it is the mark of an educated man to entertain a thought without actually accepting it " so two problems would be solved by educating people. we will have trained manpower and the second would be a tolerant society....

for economic woes i mentioned the skewed tax system we had and i proposed the solutions ....like taxing the real state and agriculture sector ...i also gave some figures that from IMF reports..

for terrorism i mentioned that it is a political problem and needs a political solution...i also mentioned the heavy price pak had to pay in the war against terrorism . i showed that drones would only infuriate the public and i proposed a conciliatory approach....

this was an outline for u ...if you have further questions you can ask me ...i hope it helps ...
Your quotations seem misplaced, buddy!

Your first quote-- blaming society for every ill instead of government-- doesn't corroborate your arguments when you discuss "illiteracy, economic woes, terrorism"; reason being, one way or the other, these problems are emanated from the grave inefficiencies and poor governance on part of the government. In modern nation-state system, it is the government that has to drive the affairs of the state. Society is a subject and not a driver.

By the way, your argument about "drone" is also debatable. All these drone attacks are carried out with tacit approval of GHQ and the government. In support of my argument, I quoted few classified documents that will be eye-opener for an examiner. Although strategic cost of drone strikes exceeds the tactical gains, yet it has yielded some dividends, too.