View Single Post
Old Thursday, May 05, 2011

Imtiaz ali will become famous soon enoughImtiaz ali will become famous soon enough

The problem of the conflict between the world and the Hereafter and the contradiction between them as two opposite poles, such as the north and the south, which are such that proximity to the one means remoteness from the other, is related to the world of human heart, conscience, human attachment, love and worship. Allah (SWT) has not given two hearts to man:

Allah (SWT) has not assigned to any man two hearts within his breast. (Noble Qur'an, 33:4)

With one heart one cannot choose two beloveds.

Hazrat Ali (as) would always spend time with his children. Once he was sitting in his house with his two young children, Hazrat Abbas, his son, and Bibi Zainab, his daughter.

Hazrat Ali (as) said to Hazrat Abbas, "Say Wahid (one)". Hazrat Ali (as) then asked him to "say Isnain (Two)". Hazrat Abbas replied, "I feel ashamed to utter 'two' from the same tongue which just said 'one'".

Hazrat Ali (as) hugged his son, pleased at such a charming expression. The reply from Hazrat Abbas indicated how deeply devoted he was in his belief in Tawheed, that is, Oneness of Allah (SWT). A true believer never likes to even imagine any association with Allah (SWT).

Bibi Zainab then asked, "Dear, father, do you love me?" Hazrat Ali (as) said, "Yes, of course, my children are like a part of my heart". On hearing this, she said, "You also love Allah (SWT). How can two loves be in one heart of a true believer, the love of Allah (SWT) and that of children?

Hazrat Ali (as) smiled and replied, "Love Allah (SWT) and for the sake of His love, you love His creatures; children and fellow beings too. I love you for the sake of Allah (SWT)."

Hazrat Ali (as) and Anger Management: Everything is only for the sake of Allah (SWT)

In the battle of Khandaq, the Muslims dug a ditch around themselves for their defense, so that the enemy could not get across.

A man from the enemy side called Amr bin Abdawud who was known for his strength, courage and art of fighting managed to get across the ditch.

All the Muslims were terrified to fight him and only Hazrat Ali (as) came forward to fight this man.

There was a fierce fight until at last Hazrat Ali (as) threw Amr bin Abdawud down onto the ground and mounted his chest ready to kill him.

Just as Hazrat Ali (as) was about to kill this enemy of Islam, he spit on the face of Hazrat Ali (as).

Everybody was certain that because of this insult, Amr bin Abdawud would meet his death even faster still, but to their amazement, Hazrat Ali (as) moved from Amr bin Abdawud's chest and walked away.

Amr bin Abdawud attacked Hazrat Ali (as) again and after a short while, Hazrat Ali (as) again overpowered Amr bin Abdawud and killed him.

After the battle of Khandaq was over people asked Hazrat Ali (as) the reason why he had spared Amr bin Abdawud's life when he had first overpowered him.

To which Hazrat Ali (as) replied that if he had killed him then it would have not been only for the sake of Allah (SWT) but also for the satisfaction of his anger and so he let him free.

Then Hazrat Ali (as) controlled his anger and killed Amr bin Abdawud purely for the sake of Allah (SWT).

Moral of the Story: Although your intention may be pure to begin with it can very easily change so always make sure you do things for the sake of Allah (SWT) only.

Survival of Religion Lies in Patience (Sabr)

One day Prophet Muhammad (saw), accompanied by the Commander of the Faithful, Hazrat Ali (as), had been heading towards the mosque of Quba when they happened to come across a lush green garden. Witnessing it Hazrat Ali (as) commented: "O Prophet of Allah! It is a nice garden."

Prophet Muhammad (saw) responded: "Your garden in Paradise is nicer!"

They passed by the garden and continued on their way; in the course of their walk they passed by seven gardens and on each occasion the same conversation ensued between the two. Then, Prophet Muhammad (saw) took Hazrat Ali (as) into his arms and began weeping intensely, causing Hazrat Ali (as) to weep too. When Hazrat Ali (as) sought to know the reason for Prophet Muhammad's (saw) weeping, he (saw) said: "I suddenly recollected the malice that has taken root in the breasts of the people towards you and which they shall make manifest after my death."

Hazrat Ali (as) inquired: "O Prophet of Allah! What should I do?" He (saw) advised: "Patience and fortitude. If you fail to exhibit patience you shall fall into far greater difficulties."

Hazrat Ali (as) said: "Do you fear the destruction of my faith and religion?"

Prophet Muhammad (saw) replied: "Your (faith and religion's) existence lies in patience."

Imam Ali ibn Abu Talib (as) and fear of Allah (SWT)

Habbah Arni and Nawf Bakali were lying in the courtyard of Government House (Dar al-Imarah) of Kufa. After the midnight, they saw that Amir al-Muminin (as), was coming from the fort towards the courtyard. But his condition was bad; he was having extraordinary fear and was unable to keep the equilibrium of his body. Keeping his hands on the wall and having his body in bent position, he was walking slowly with the support of the wall. And he was reciting the last verses (Ayat) of Sura Al-e-Imran from Noble Qur'an as follows:

Most surely in the creation of the heavens and the earth and the alternation of the night and the day there are signs for men who understand. Those who remember Allah standing and sitting and lying on their sides and reflect on the creation of the heavens and the earth: Our Lord! Thou hast not created this in vain! Glory be to Thee; save us then from the chastisement of the fire: Our Lord! Surely whomsoever Thou makest enter the fire, him Thou hast indeed brought to disgrace, and there shall be no helpers for the unjust: Our Lord! Surely we have heard a preacher calling to the faith, saying: Believe in your Lord, so we did believe; Our Lord! Forgive us therefore our faults, and cover our evil deeds and make us die with the righteous. Our Lord! Grant us what You have promised us through Your messengers and do not disgrace us on the Resurrection Day; surely You do not break the promise. (3:190-194)

As soon as he finished these verses, his condition became bad; he then repeated these verses again and again and his condition became bad to worse and he became almost unconscious.

Both Habbah Arni and Nawf Bakali were witnessing this amazing scene, while lying on their beds. Habbah Arni, while quite startled, was looking at this astonishing scene.

But Nawf Bakali was unable to control his tears and he was continuously weeping. By this time, Imam Ali ibn Abu Talib (as) reached the bed of Habbah Arni and said: "Are you awake or asleep?"

Habbah Arni replied: "I am awake, O Commander of the faithful! If a person like you has such a condition of awe and fear of Allah (SWT), then what would happen to poor people like us?"

Imam Ali ibn Abu Talib (as) looked down and wept. He (as) then said: "O Habbah! All of us will be presented before Allah (SWT) one day. And no deed of ours is hidden from Him. He is very near to you and to me. Nothing can act as an obstruction between us and Allah (SWT)."

Then he said to Nawf: "Are you asleep?" (Nawf Bakali replied "No, Commander of the faithful! I am awake. It is for some time that I am shedding tears."

Imam Ali ibn Abu Talib (as) said: "O Nawf! If today you shed tears in fear of Allah (SWT), tomorrow your eyes will glitter.

"O Nawf! No one has more respect than that person who cries in the fear of Allah (SWT) and that he likes to do it only for His sake."

"O Nawf! The one who loves Allah (SWT) and that whatever he loves, he does it just for the sake of Allah, does not prefer anything over love of Allah. And the one who dislikes anything, and does it for the sake of Allah, he would receive nothing except virtue for his disliking. Whenever you reach such a stage, you have attained the truths of faith to their perfection."

After saying this, Imam Ali ibn Abu Talib (as) preached and gave a piece of advice to Habbah Arni and Nawf Bakali. His last sentence was: "I have told you that you should fear from Allah (SWT)." Then he passed by both of them and got busy with his own work. He started his prayers and while doing so, he said: "O Allah! I wish I knew that when I am neglectful towards You, do You ignore me or do You still care for me? I wish I knew that in these long neglectful dreams of mine and in my shortcomings in thanking you, what is my position before You?"

Habbah Arni and Nawf Bakali, said: "By Allah! Amir al-Muminin (as) kept on walking and he had the same condition continuously till dawn."

Imam Ali ibn Abu Talib (as) said: "To judge your own souls before the time of judging of your action arrives. Make an assessment of yourself before you are called upon to account for your conduct in this existence."

Noble Qur'an says: (To) those whose hearts tremble when Allah is mentioned... (22:35)

Imam Ali ibn Abu Talib (as) said: "Fear none but your own sin."
israrahmed (Friday, May 06, 2011), SYED KAUSAR ALI SHAH (Friday, May 06, 2011)