View Single Post
Old Thursday, May 26, 2011
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

imbindas is a glorious beacon of lightimbindas is a glorious beacon of lightimbindas is a glorious beacon of lightimbindas is a glorious beacon of lightimbindas is a glorious beacon of lightimbindas is a glorious beacon of light

Hazrat Muawiyah bin Abi Sufyan:

When the time of departure came for Hazrat Muawiyah may Allah be pleased with them, he said: ‘O Allah, have mercy on this sinful and cruel old man. O Allah, take away my stumbles (and forgive my mistakes), and treat mildly with this persons stupidity who does not rely upon anyone but you, nor does he have hope upon anyone but you.’ Saying this he started to cry inconsolably.

Muhammad bin Aqeer states that when the time of departure came close for Amir Muawiyah may Allah be pleased with them he was stating: ‘Alas, I wish I was a hungry (poor) person of Quraish and had nothing to do with Khilafat.’ (Ihya-ul-Uloom pg 677, Vol 4)

A short while before his death he said sit me down. So he was sat down. Then he remained in remembrance of Allah, Tasbeeh and Taqdees. Then he said addressing himself that O Muawiyah, you are now remembering Allah when everything has been broken, then he started crying so much that he was screaming, thereafter he recited this verse (of a poem)

Death will certainly come; you cannot run away from it, the thing that I fear after death is extremely frightening and terrifying.

Then he made the following prayer: O Allah decrease this distress and forgive mistakes and treat with mercy such a person who does not have hope upon anyone but you and he does not rely upon anyone but you. Then he said to his son Yazid: ‘O son; when my final time comes open up my cloth (Rumal) which is in the treasury, within it is the blessed clothes of the Prophet may Allah send peace and blessing upon him and his blessed hair and blessed nails. When you start to conduct burial preparations put the Prophets blessed clothes with my body and place the Kafan on top of that. Place the blessed hair and blessed nails of the prophet may Allah send peace and blessing upon him upon my face, my nose and my eyes. When you place me into the grave, leave me and the most merciful of merciful alone. (Kitabul-Aqibah, No 94)