View Single Post
Old Tuesday, May 31, 2011

khuhro is a jewel in the roughkhuhro is a jewel in the roughkhuhro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by hani.idgaf View Post

1) Is it possible to prepare for CSS being on job as i have already mentioned?
Ofcourse you can, many of the forum members are doing this practise. and many of the CSP cleared their exam while doing another jobs. just make your proper time table for studies, it is easy to do that if you had proper planning.

Quote:
2) Also, i am not planning to join any academy. is that ok?
[B]Academy would not feed any student with spoon, they will only provide a guidence for study, but if you think you had ability to do it by yourself then you dint need any academy, by the way i think academy will only loss your time, beacuse you are doing job, and if after job timings you will suppose to go to academy, then you woudnt got any time for self study.[/B]

3)
Quote:
I think I have good command over english language, also, i have been an editor for my college magazine but i have a really pathetic handwriting although i can write pretty fast, so how do you guys evaluate this?
Profeciency in english is basic factor for CSS examination.

Quote:
4) Kindly suggest atleast 2 books each for compulsory subjects which would be good enough for preparation, for some subjects where there are no prescribed books kindly suggest reading material
visit the book suggetion section, link given below

Books Suggestions - CSS Forums

Quote:
5) I have shortlisted these as my optional subjects:
-Muslim Law & Jurisprudence
-Business Administration
-Indo-Pak History
-Sociology
-Journalism
-International Relations
Are these subjects scoring, also, I have never studied sociology or journalism.
there isnt any funda of scoring and non scoring subject, so just choose those subjects which suits your knowledge, and ability to deal with the subject.

Quote:
6) Kindly suggest atleast 2 books each for the aforementioned optional subjects.
visit the link
Books Suggestions - CSS Forums

Quote:
7) I have a total commerce background and have never studied Physics, Chemistry, etc. So what should be the strategy with Everyday Science and i have also heard that its a very high scoring subject.

it is not about core physics and chmistry, EDS is a having slight touch of all informative and basic knowledge off all those kind of science subjects, so dont be panic. just start your study you will find it very easy