View Single Post
Old Monday, June 06, 2011
39th CTP (DMG)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2010 - Merit  09Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

maliasghar is a glorious beacon of lightmaliasghar is a glorious beacon of lightmaliasghar is a glorious beacon of lightmaliasghar is a glorious beacon of lightmaliasghar is a glorious beacon of light

Dear Camran,

Please see below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by camran View Post
Dear Ali Asghar

You are right that the interview needs to be prepared thoroughly. From the posts that i have seen so far, it seems that the interview questions come from

1. Your Background (Educational)
2. Current Affairs
3. Optional Subjects Opted
4. Top 3 Groups

[Please correct me if i am wrong]
You are right to an extent that this is the general scenario and candidates experience questions from these areas. However, if I remember correctly, in my case, I was not asked questions on optional subjects, and apart from a brief question on my current job in the development sector, nothing else was asked from the background either. I was indeed quized a lot on the national policies, governance models and public sector reforms etc. I think, this was more so because I have a degree in Governance & Public Policy so perhaps the pannel wanted to get my insight and understanding of Pakistan's Policy issues too. As for the Top 3 groups, again, I was repeatedly asked about my ideas for DMG (which was my top preference), but was not asked about the order of my preference or the second and third choice. In fact they could have asked me why I placed FSP so low on priority list (7th or 8th if I recall), but again nothing was asked there even.

Quote:
But there are certain things in Psychological tests that I want you to kindly explain in detail.

I gave the exam of 2011 and didnt went to Academy. If I passed in the written, I wont go to academy for interview preparation either. So there are certain things in Psychological test that I would like you to explaine. How can a person sitting in home can better prepare the following

1. IQ tests
2. Personality Tests
3. Command Task (Which appears most difficult to me as most of the command task require some knowledge of the occupational group as well)

Kindly share how we can better prepare if we dont go to academy
For the IQ tests, you can easily find a lot of help material from the local market. This include books written for ISSB preparation, some books specifically written for the CSS interview, and some foreign books for IQ preparation. Go through them. They are all the same. What you need is a sufficient amount of practice to get you going on these sort of questions.

For the Personality tests, you should think through hard on all possible aspects of your personality, recalling and noting down small incidents from your life, which you can quote in response to different questions - verbal or written. Different batches have posted on this forum a large number of questions that were asked to them in their Psychological Assessments. You can compile their list and prepare them before hand. The actual questions asked to you on your psychological assessment would be a variation of these same ones.

For Command Task, you do not need to have any cadre specific knowledge to perform well. It requires simple common sense and general knowledge. What is more important, as I have mentioned before, is your attitude towards your team: how you make them understand the problem, how you take them along, etc. You should practice this activity with your friends and other qualifiers.

Quote:
P.S: Did you prepared for the 2011 exam after 2010 exam or did you prepared for Interview straight away??? How you managed time after the 2010 attempt?
Not to sound too confident or haughty at all, I had decided to attempt for the Competitive Exam only once. I decided that I would give in my best the first time, and if I am capable enough for the service, and if God wants me to be of any value to the public, He would Himself make arrangements to take me there. In my opinion I could not have done any better in the second attempt, for I do not regret having left any weak corner the first time. Thus no point making an attempt again. Therefore, after my first attempt in 2010, I did not prepare for 2011 attempt and instead sat down working for my interview. In the end, it was the interview that paid me off.

Best of luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by camran View Post
Dear Ali Asghar,

Another trend that I've seen in the Interviews is the questions from Economics and Policies. I have a background of IT and barely understand Economic Jargon. Will reading the Yellow Pages of Dawn on Monday suffice or something else is also needed?
Dear Camran,

Yellow pages is a good source to get an understanding of basic economics and policy issues. At the interview stage, you should take up and read any thing that comes to your way.. be it newspaper, journals or magazines. That should be enough for interview purposes. The panel does not expect you to be an economist unless you have a background education in economics or accounting etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mujipak View Post
Dear can I know your email address, so I can email you and ask some things?
Dear,

You can find that on my profile page. It is written there.

Last edited by Chauhdary12; Tuesday, June 07, 2011 at 05:46 AM. Reason: Merged
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to maliasghar For This Useful Post:
andleeb Akhter (Wednesday, October 24, 2012), Antalpur (Monday, March 30, 2015), camran (Monday, June 06, 2011), drvalentino (Saturday, December 31, 2011), imranazeem (Thursday, June 04, 2015), Intifada (Thursday, November 15, 2012), niazikhan2 (Friday, July 01, 2011), prestigious (Saturday, August 13, 2011), SYEDA SABAHAT (Monday, June 06, 2011)