View Single Post
Old Friday, June 24, 2011
44th CTP (PAAS)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2015 - Merit 160Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason: Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,161 Times in 660 Posts
courageneverdies is a splendid one to beholdcourageneverdies is a splendid one to beholdcourageneverdies is a splendid one to beholdcourageneverdies is a splendid one to beholdcourageneverdies is a splendid one to beholdcourageneverdies is a splendid one to beholdcourageneverdies is a splendid one to beholdcourageneverdies is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadia malik 2011 View Post
1. Please list the names of books for that Essay paper taught to regular students.
There are four prescribed books to Regular Students for Essay.

1. The Aims of Argument by Timothy W. Crusius & Carolyn E. Channell
2. College Writing Skills with Reading by John Langan
3. Reading and Writing Short Arguments by William Vesterman
4. Patterns for College Writing by Laure G. Kriszner & Stephen R. Mandell

The last one, however, was taught to us in the class. We studied the rest on our own (atleast our group

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadia malik 2011 View Post
The previous papers for external students are really confusing for example the following questions.

Distinguish between the Narrative and the Descriptive types of Essays.
( Marks 20)

Write two paragraphs on the benefits of internet. Each paragraph should be constructed around a topis sentence followed by supporting details.
( Marks 20)

Distinguish between Expository and Narrative types of essays.
(Marks 20)
I think if you would read the book listed at # 4 above, you should be amply able to answer the questions regarding types of essays: Narrative, Descriptive, Argumentative, and Expository etc. All of it is taught from Patterns of College Writing.

I had once jot down all the important crux of these types in points. I am not sure where they really are, except for Argumentation, that I am attaching herewith as a sample. Do let me know that will this pattern suffice and was it helpful or not.

I shall try to find any more help regarding this issue.

Regards
Attached Files
File Type: zip Argumentation.zip (15.2 KB, 131 views)
faaizaa (Monday, September 03, 2012), kiyani (Tuesday, April 24, 2012)