View Single Post
Old Thursday, November 23, 2006

jsmawais is on a distinguished road
Exclamation

Wa alaikum as salam!

I had been ill for a long time & I am extremely busy. So, couldn't find any time for forums. But, I took out sometime for the bill issue as I can't swallow the immense fooling of ordinary ppl by the media. The bill is being presented as a "win of women" or a "sigh of relief from some torment". I will unveil the real picture if I find enough time.

Tonnes of misconceptions are found in the minds of 90% of the public, about the hudood ordinance. I recommend reading my article Lies & Distortions by Geo TV about Hudood Ordinance: Read Online or Download

For now, read the views of Justice (R) Mufti Muhammad Taqi Usmani about the (so-called) "protection of women" bill:-

************************************************** ************************************************** ****************

Note: Mufti Taqi Usmani's recommendation (1) on the last page of his article is already present in law. Gen. President Musharraf himself had promulgated the Law Reforms Order, 2006 earlier this year which added Section 156-B to the CrPC. This section enshrines that no person can be arrested for zina unless a non-bailable arrest warrant has been issued by an authorized court of magistrate. Furthermore, zina cases can only be investigated by police officers higher or equal in rank to an SP. Thus this point was no ground for passing a new bill or changing laws.

Last edited by Amna; Monday, March 11, 2013 at 06:51 PM.