View Single Post
Old Saturday, June 25, 2011

MuhammadAhmerSheikh is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sibgakhan View Post
-Which one of the numbers does not belong in the following series?
1 - 2 - 5 - 10 - 13 - 26 - 29 - 48
1 5 26 29 48

Answer:
1 x 2 = 2
2 + 3 = 5
5 x 2 = 10
10 + 3 = 13
13 x 2 = 26
26 + 3 = 29
29 x 2 = 58 (and not 48, so 48 does not belong to series)

-Mary, who is sixteen years old, is four times as old as her brother. How old will Mary be when she is twice as old as her brother?

Answer:
when mary is sixteen his brother is 4 since she is 4 time older than him so 16/4 is the age of brother...now's the tricky part - at what age will she be twice the age of his brother...
:::AGE COMPARISION:::
16(mary)-4(Brother)
17(mary)-5(Brother)
18-6
19-7
20-8
21-9
22-10
23-11
24-12(here's the answer) at the the age of 24 marry will be twice the age of his brother....

-One word in this list doesn't belong to the same group: Receiver, Reviver, Racecar, Radar.

ANSWER:
Well since Reciver , Radar, and Reviver belong to telecommunication than that just leave the Racecar which belong to trasportation...

-I’m a male. If Albert’s son is my son’s father, what is the relationship between Albert and I?

ANSWER:
SUPPOSE I AM albert's son and his son's son is my son, than I am albert's son and albert is my father.

-A UFO was detected on the Radar flying 7400 miles in 3 min, what is the estimated speed per hour?

ANSWER:
Distance = velocity x time
Velocity = distance / time
velocity = 7400 / 3 (miles/sec)
velocity = 7400 / 0.05 (3 sec is converted into a larger figure hours by dividing it by 60)
velocity = 148,000 Miles/Hour

-In a race from point X to point Y and back, Jack averages 30 miles per hour to point Y and 10 miles per hour back to point X. Sandy averages 20 miles per hour in both directions. If Jack and Sandy begin the race at the same time, who will finish first?

ANSWER
Suppose the distance from X to Y is 60 miles than total distance will be 120 miles.
based on distance formula mentioned above Jack will cover the distance X to Y in 2 hours and 6 hours when coming back..so total distance will be 8(hours) for jack...now comes sandy ...he's a fast lad he is moving with 20m/h so he will complete 120 miles in 6(hours) making him the Winner!..KaChing...

-Sue is both the 50th best and the 50th worst student at her school. How many students attend her school?

ANSWER:
when Sue is said to be 50th best than she holds the position 50th and there are 49 student that are also best. simultaneously she is 50 worst student that means she is 50th worst and there are 49 worst student with here.....
that means 1-49 are best and SUE is 50 then 51-99 are worst that makes total of 49 best + 49 worst + 1 sue = 99 students...

-If all Zips are Zoodles, and all Zoodles are Zonkers, then all Zips are definitely Zonkers.
The above sentence is logically:
1. True
2. False

ANSWER:
all zips are zoodles : all pathan are Pakistani
all Zoodles are Zonkers : all pakistani are Asians...
then Zips are Zonkers : All pathan are Asian

TRUE:
since all pathan in the world are pakistani and all pakistanis are living in asia so all pathan are definitely living in asia....hahaha.(can't think of a better way)

-Two girls caught 25 frogs. Lisa caught 4 times as many as Jen did. How many frogs did Jen catch?

ANSWER:
total frogs = 25
lisa caught = 5 Jen's frog
Jen's Frog = ?

as per given data lisa caught most of the frog i.e 25 x 4/5 = 20
where as jen caught less frogs i.e 25 x 1/5 = 5 (for further detail go back to school)

-A boy is 4 years old and his sister is three times as old as he is. When the boy is 12 years old, how old will his sister be?

ANSWER:
when boy is 4 his sister is 3(4) = 12
when boy is 12 i.e after 8 years boy is = 12 years old
then after 8 years his sister will be = 12 + 8 = 20 years old.

-The day before the day before yesterday is three days after Saturday. What day is it today?
ANSWER:
today-yesterday-day before yesterday(Origin)<3 days after saturday...(Sund, monday, tues)

that means orgin is wed;;;;
that makes day before yesterday (wed)
that makes yesterday (Thu)
and makes today as (FRI)....