View Single Post
Old Saturday, November 25, 2006

jsmawais is on a distinguished road

Thank you, brother Nasir, for putting my old post. You will be glad to know that the whole thread is still available online for reading; click here to read. But, I would like to point out that the old post contained a few misconceptions/incorrect views. My views are slightly different now than they used to be. Its probably due to increase in knowledge, esp. reading the text of the original ordinance & judgments of various courts, etc.
I encourage everyone (including you & Zaman bhai) to read my article Lies & Distortions by Geo TV about Hudood Ordinance. It is much more streamlined & well-structured than my old post. I had to re-write [and upload] the article nearly 10 times, to accomodate the influx of more knowledge, as I kept on reading new reports, articles, etc.
The article is much better than the above post; some of the features are:-

- References to FALSE articles/news items from around 15 popular news sources like BBC, CBC, Hindu Times, Christian Post, New York Times, Times (London), etc.
- Quotations of various sections of the original ordinance & other legal documents like the Code of Criminal Procedure (Act V of 1898) and the Pakistan Penal Code (Act XLV of 1860), to support points
- Numerous judgments of the Federal Shariat Court in various matters like women testimony acceptable, evidence for rape, allegation is not confession etc.
- A dozen footnotes containing useful references & links
- Divided into numerous headings for ease of reading
- Pinpointing lies of Geo TV by giving direct links to their website, pictures of ads & statements of scholars

The article is a bit lengthy i.e. about 44 pages, albeit, curiosity/interest of the reader will suppress this element. Following are the headings/lies (currently) covered in the article:-
(1) Crime never proved
(2) No Difference Between Zina and Zina-bil-Jabr
(3) Women Testimony Not Taken
(4) Four Witnesses Required For Punishing a Rapist
(5) Women in Jail
(6) Case of rape converts to case of adultery
(7) Misconceptions about Qazf
(8) Statements of scholars
(9) Mufti Muneeb-ur-Rehman's Statement & Incorrect Conclusions
(10) Injustice to Women [Detailed treatment of Zafran Bibi case]
(11) Availability of four witnesses is impossible
(12) A law of one man imposed on others
(13) Hudood laws presume the existence of justice
(14) Hudood Ordinance is defaming Islam

IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT THE YAHOO! GROUP
My Yahoo! group for hudood ordinance is still intact, although, it is nearly dead. I am planning to delete it soon, since, no one comes there & consequently, I have refrained from paying any attention to it for weeks. Click here to visit the group.

You may also like to see a similar thread, about the (so-called) Protection of Women Bill.

QUERIES ABOUT HUDOOD ORDINANCE
Although, I am quite busy, I always try my best to answer the questions asked by other people, esp. about the Hudood Ordinance. You can drop in a question at this email address.

A FEW GOOD LINKS
Text of the (old) Offence of Zina (Enforcement of Hudood) Ordinance (VII of 1979)
Text of the (old) Offence of Qazf (Enforcement of Hudood) Ordinance (VIII of 1979)
Hudood Ordinance.COM -- Great site, maintained by two MNAs, Dr. Fayyaz Aalam Siddique & Sameeha Raheel Qazi
FAQ: Why do the hudood laws require that a separate complaint be filed for Qazf?
Canadian Boy: Khalid Masud, caught lying! (He's actually the chairperson of the current Council of Islamic Ideology & brother of Daily Jang's editor!)
My Own Website!

Best regards,
Abdul Rehman.

Last edited by marwatone; Saturday, July 03, 2010 at 02:14 PM.