View Single Post
Old Saturday, November 25, 2006

jsmawais is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Errata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naseer Ahmed Chandio
(9) A case of Qazf (False accusation of Zina) cannot be dislodged by a man against a woman under the current Ordinances.
NOTE HERE THAT THE OFFENCE OF QAZF (ENFORCEMENT OF HUDOOD) ORDINANCE, 1979 ONLY GIVES WOMEN, NOT MEN, THE RIGHT TO FILE A COMPLAINT OF QAZF. THEREFORE, IF A WOMAN COMPLAINS RAPE BUT CANNOT PROVE IT, SHE CANNOT BE PUNISHED, EVEN IF THE ACCUSED WANTS TO PUNISH HER!
I clarified before in the old thread & clarify again that the above statements aren't true. Everyone has the right to file a complaint of Qazf against another person, irrespective of gender. I hadn't studied the Ordinance at the time I made this post; later I came to know this. So, I have posted this errata at almost all places where I made this old post.

Quote:
There is one more thing which I want to discuss here: the issue of execution of Hadd-e-Qazf.
The discussion which proceeds after the above statement also contains a few incorrect views. I would prefer everyone to read this FAQ instead of the old post, as it is much more accurate & correct. It is recommended to read this document in addition to the FAQ. It contains the text of the (old) Qazf Ordinance, alongwith a few footnotes & relevant sections from the PPC.