View Single Post
Old Thursday, July 28, 2011
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2012 - Roll No. 09423

parhakubacha is on a distinguished road
Default Why democracy fails in Pakistan?

Hello All
I have recently graduated from Lums, did my Bsc.(hons) in Economics and Politics. I would request the seniors to please check my outline:
Why democracy fails in Pakistan?

Outline:
1. Introduction
2. Meaning of the term 'democracy' being derived from 'demos' and 'kratos' meaning 'rule of the mob'.
3.Beginning of democracy in Greek time period i.e Athens' polies and their system of direct democracy.
4. The democratic political setup in Western countries like Uk, USA, etc.
5. Pakistan's democracy basically a replica of Western style Democracy
6. Democracy in Pakistan: causes of failure
(i) Frequent Coup-de-tat's with special reference to Ayub Khan, Zia-ul-Haq and Pervez Musharraf)

(ii)Dynastic Feudal politics along the lines of factions/clans in some areas.

(iii) Mass Illiteracy
(iv) Bogus and Corrupt voting system

Before Conclusion, i have again emphasized how the West has modern world-class universities, hospitals, i.e access to Education and Hospitals and all such because of their democratic norms and values.

Conclusion: (Reiteration of the all main points of the essay)

I have breifly touched on the first five points mentioned above and explained in depth the millitary take over's point , outlining each millitary dictators rule and how it worsened the spirit of democracy in Pakistan.

I am looking forward for comments/suggestions from senior CSP's and other respected members of this forum, as i am going to appear for my first attempt in upcoming 2012 exam. Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to parhakubacha For This Useful Post:
falconer (Thursday, July 28, 2011)