View Single Post
Old Monday, August 08, 2011

DEVOLUTION GEEK will become famous soon enough
Thumbs down The Truth speaks for itself

Quote:
AoA,
You know, what seniority mean? DCO Sialkot Mujahid Sherdil is a senior officer? Also DCO Lahore, Ahad Khan Cheema is senior officer? And i can name many more officers who had been given unprecedented promotions, only because they belonged to mighty APUG (DMG and PSP ). On the contrary , number of PCS officers, who have been deprived of their due right of promotion is in thousands.
Personally i have not meet Sherdil, nor Ahad Cheema, so i can not give any opinion about their personalities. But, i know the reason, behind their unprecedented fast promotions, and that is , Mujahid Sherdil is son of formar Cheif Secretary of Punjab, A.Z.K Sherdil, and Ahad Khan Cheema is son in law of another Chief Secretary, Mr. Javed Mehmood.
Also, brother of Mujahid, Khalid Sherdil is active members of CSP/DMG association ( federal chapter).
Yaar, logon ko gumrah na karo.

Allah Nighaban o Nasir
@Ali Randhawa

Yes! I know about seniority much more than most of the people around here in this forum because I am an ex-provincial public servant and I have worked with several DMG and PCS officers during my contractual tenure that ended in November 2010. Let me tell you one thing plainly, almost all the DCOs belonging to PCS are junior officers that are ruling over their senior counterparts and the DMG ones and unfortunately, all the DCOs are appointed on political considerations. No one is given exceptional promotions just on the basis of his being in DMG or PSP. My cousin, a grade 19 DMG officer, is still not any DCOship even when his junior PCS ones like the one posted as DCOs Vehari has far lesser service tenure.
As far as Mujahid Sherdil is concerned, he is not appointed as DCO on the basis of DMG. His late father, Mr.AZK Sherdil who happened to be a very honest person, is a reason behind his appointment. Don’t forget that Nasr-ullah Khan Laghari (PCS) is junior to Mujahid Sherdil in service but he is now the DCO of Vehari. If you talk about Ahad Cheema, then let me clear you one thing that I know him personally and he is a very intelligent and dedicated person. He is in grade 19 (moving to grade 20 soon) and perhaps senior to almost 10 to 11 PCS DCOs in service. So in short, these plum posts are not given on merit but on personal and political preferences and the intelligent DMG officers are the one who are in loss here.
There is no match between DMG and PCS officers as no less than 60% of PCS officers are the promote from Naib-Tehsilds and Stenographers. How can you compare a CSP officer with a Naib-Tehsildar?, it is simply obnoxious and a clear abuse of merit. Had these PCS been so efficient, they would have passed CSS in flying colours and joined DMG as most of these officers failed in CSS before joining PCS. I would like to quote here a very interesting example. One of my colleagues was a PMS Officer, serving as a section officer in Punjab Secretariat then, who was unable to pronounce “officer” correctly. He used to say, “afficer”. Now you understand the capabilities of these people. I am not here to demoralize anyone and perhaps if you ask me personally then I would favour PCS officers because I have many of them as my friends but still truth is truth. I don’t want to misguide anyone. Apart from this, I want to tell you a secret that almost 10 to 15 seats of PMS are always filled with the political candidates. Same is going to be happening now. I think I have answered many of your queries.
If you ask me personally, then I would say that government should abolish both the PMS & DMG groups by restoring the erstwhile Civil Service of Pakistan in which 80% seats were given to DMGs (Direct Recruitment) and 20% seats were given to the able provincial civil servants selected through public service commission after grade 19 to be inducted to grade 20 as CSPs. This system is still in force in many countries under the name of IAS, BCS, NCS etc.

Last edited by DEVOLUTION GEEK; Monday, August 08, 2011 at 10:52 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to DEVOLUTION GEEK For This Useful Post:
Hamza Salick (Tuesday, August 09, 2011)