Thread: Tips
View Single Post
Old Thursday, December 14, 2006

The West Wind is on a distinguished road

WELCOME!

dear mrtepo,its nice to learn about ur passion for css and im all praise for ur practical approach towards ur goal.Yes ur right it is unwise to wait for 2008 r 2009 to begin.Ur concern for the selection of optional subjects is also justified.But optional subjects can not b decided at once.Usually factors mentioned blow influence our selection;

our aptitude,
our academic record,(in case we hav studied the subjects our choice before)
our ability to handle the subject according to css standard and our ability to enhance our capability to uphold this standard,
High marks securing subjects,
Subjects with not so lengthy syllabus,
Subjects selected in coordination with other subjects,for example,Indo-Pak History is selected to complement Pak Affairs,IR is useful for preparing CA,Constitutional Law presents an ideal combination with POL Science,
And finally,we also opt for a combination of subjects keeping the group,we intend to join,in mind.

Check all these options,collect ur plus and minus points,then place ur priorities,harmonise them with ur 'charge sheet' and always consider these points whnever u take final decision.Its a time-consuming job.Believe u me.U shud not b so hasty in this regard.Give urself some time.Meamwhile,an ideal course is to start preparing the cumplosary subjects.English precis and composition,Essay and Everyday Science_all these subjects require regular practice.DONT forget to pay ur daily salam to the trio of English(Precis and Composition),Essay and the Newspaper(any English daily).

Yahya lala's post on beginner's guide will be of great help to u.These are my humble suggestions,i hope some of my other forum fellows will guide u properly.
Wish u best of luck.

With best regards,