View Single Post
Old Tuesday, September 20, 2011
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2010 - Merit 25Member of the Year: Awarded to those community members who have made invaluable contributions to the Community in the particular year - Issue reason: Elite CSP Medal: Members who previously received (CSP Award  and Member of the Year Award ) OR (CSP award + Gold Medal + Medal of Appreciation) are eligible for this award. - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,898 Times in 694 Posts
Hamza Salick is a name known to allHamza Salick is a name known to allHamza Salick is a name known to allHamza Salick is a name known to allHamza Salick is a name known to allHamza Salick is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUniter View Post
Dear members,

I have gone through a few of past papers of Islamiat but majority of the questions seem out of syllabus. I have also come across posts of many members who say that the paper now indirectly matches current affairs. But i personally believe that an institute of an stature of FPSC cannot set question out of syllabus because an act to the contrary will violate the rules of FPSC. In spite of that i have not been able to find many questions within the syllabus. If anybody still believes that questions are not outside syllabus,i request them to kindly match the following questions of CE-2011 with the syllabus. In other words, please mention the part of the syllabus where the following questions fall.

Q.3 what is meant by civilization and culture and how it effects collective life and also analyzes the foundation of modern civilization and highlights the problems caused by it?

Q.5 it is necessary to establish priority of law for the development of society. What is your point of view that today Islamic punishments are regarded as Savagery? While discussing the Islamic philosophy of the reward and punishment also describe the basic characteristic of Islamic concept of punishments.

Q.6 it is the period of basic human rights. What is meant by human rights and what is a western concept of human right, discuss human rights of Islam in the light of the sermon of Hajjatul Widah.

Q.8 Discuss in detail the importance of Akle-Halal form Islamic pint of view and explain how unfair resources can be checked in the light of Islamic teachings?

Q 3: Social system of Islam
Q6: Social,moral and political system of Islam
Q8: Economic and moral system of Islam

I agree with you that the questions set nowadays in Islamiyat paper dont adhere to the syllabus strictly.But in a broader sense,they do.While seeing the syllabus line of a CSS subject,you have to keep in mind that they can just mention the names the topics in it,not the whole detail.If a topic is mentioned in the syllabus line,then they might even ask you a question fit for a PhD scholar from that topic.In my view,the syllabus of CSS is non-exhaustive.You can keep on studying as much as you want,and still end up knowing only 2 questions out of 4 in the exam.
I totally agree with such kind of questions being put in the Islamiyat exam.They judge you ability to analyze,to mould the information you already have to suit the question asked,to look at Islam from a modern,broader point of view and to critically comment on the issue(s)..Its much better than asking candidates to reproduce the procedure of performing Namaz or hajj.I am happy with this kind of exams,as they assure that crammers and people with low or no analytical and adaptive ability get filtered.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hamza Salick For This Useful Post:
basitpasha (Tuesday, September 20, 2011), Fading Glimpse (Wednesday, September 21, 2011)