View Single Post
Old Thursday, September 22, 2011
40th CTP (IRS)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Merit 63

Sikander-007 will become famous soon enough

@ TheUniter
Quote:
Dear Sikandar, is there any connection between English and essay papers?in other words, does poor performance in English affect result of essay?
I will second the opinion of Sir Usman Khalid.
There is no correlation between Essay and Precis Paper. You have to pass both papers individually and performance in one does not guarantee same result in the second paper.

@ Sheeraz S
Quote:
How do you know average score of precis last year was 15? Is it separately mentioned on transcript? And is it necessary to pass the precis section or aggregate score is counted of english paper 2?
I stated a safe guess because last year candidates got very high marks in Precis paper. Highest marks in Precis paper were 93-you guessed it right FPSC can make marking elastic at any time.

So, in view of the high scoring trend it is safe to assume that average marks in precis in CSS-2010 ought to have been 15/25.
Essay 40/100 is must.
Precis 40/100 is must.

You need to pass both papers individually.

Best wishes for all CSS aspirants and myself.
TheUniter (Thursday, September 22, 2011)