View Single Post
Old Friday, December 22, 2006

eijaz is on a distinguished road

@Qurat
haha .. your reason about electricity makes me to laugh only.. Well i do remember my university days in 2003 when musharaff came to jamshoro ..There he promised that if sindh has doubts about canals then we will change the design of Dam and we will not build any canal from Kalabagh dam ..But it was his mind which changed not the design of Kalabagh dam. About electricity ,first we have to know about our future requirements and our estimation of total electricity consumption.. Wapda has failed even to make estimation for five years and this year's load shedding is witness of this that WAPDA was not ready to address this problem in time Although pakistan has resources and capacity even now to produce more electricity .. But i do believe that Kalabagh dam is political issue rather than technical issue .For dams A.N.G abbasi gave reports year ago also . and he described briefly about shortage of water in last 25 years ,pakistan suffered 16 years of shortage. Now if we build kalabagh dam for 25 years then in those years we will fill dam only for 9 years . What will be the use of it?.. I think better is to invest money in agriculture sector ..It is shame that we call pakistan as agriculture country but we import wheat, onion and potatoes from india ..Saudi arabia export wheat in international market ..Pakistan can not coz according to analyst kalabagh dam is hurdle for this .. but in saudi arabia there is no dam but only scientific methods of cultivation and seeds made this possible for them ..

I said Kalabagh dam is political issue now a days than technical. coz they knew they are technically wrong and establishment is using this issue time to time to make fool to people of pakistan and pass their hard times. in political front Govt: wants to slip from Hudood ordinance and wants to engage nation with other issues so they will play folk song of kalabagh dam again and i have noticed this in Pervaiz musharaff's recent statments ..

ھڪ سر جو سيد وارث اَ ٻيو وارث بھٽ جو شاھ اٿم..