View Single Post
Old Sunday, October 02, 2011
38th CTP (MLCG)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2009 - Merit 486

dr.ali.zaidi will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farrah Zafar View Post
Sir if you please tell here on forum,wouldn't it be beneficial for everyone ? or personal contact is mandatory ?
Ok let me tell you this as you insisted upon it. this may not be true only for MLCG Officer but for any all the Civil servant I'll tell you to step by step how to say no as a bureaucrat. If your boss asks you something Illegal then:

Step 1: Do not say no immediately. Instead say ok sir let me look in to this matter what can i do about it.
Step 2: try to kill the matter by delay but if he insists, then go see him in private and politely tell him saying "sir yeh kaam main ne dekha tha.. par is main humein falan falan rule ka issue aa raha he to main ne socha k aap se is par guidance le lon". 90 % issues are resolved here
Step 3: If he still insists then draft a letter (including all the detail of the order) directing you to do the job and send the file to him for his signature. 100% is step pe thanday ho jatay hain. Because nobody wants any document asking some illegal thing with his signature on it.
Step 4: This is very very very rare. if still some officer asks you to do it without signing anything. Simply beg excuse. Go to your office. call your director and also give a call to GOC who is a Maj. Gen or Lt. Gen (in case of MLCG). Tell him every detail and ask your peon to make a green tea and relax.

The Idea is to always avoid confrontation and give respect to any officer who is senior to you. this is esp. true for MLCG because our SC is usually of our father's age. He should be respected esp. more as an elder.
Finally, for those who still dont believe me let me quote an incident. CEO Sialkot had some serious clash with SC. consequently, SC gave him a below average ACR. but the same ACR, when went to Director MLCG for counter Signature he made it OUTSTANDING. and those of you who know something about ACR must confirm that OUTSTANDing not not a grading which is stated in ACR. To give someone outstanding you need to make a box with your pen above VERY GOOD and tick it. Now the SC has been transfered but CEO is still serving there. THis is just one of those tens of examples that i can quote.
However, let me remind you that the idea here is not to encourage you to flout the authority of your senior. Always respect them as a senior as well as an officer. But never compromise on principles. In MLCG we respect Military people but never compromise our principles for them. In fact i can say that we are perhaps only group of CSS groups who defy any illegal pressure. It doesn't make us or any group superior to another but just said it for sake of understanding.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dr.ali.zaidi For This Useful Post:
Izaz4u (Sunday, October 02, 2011), MonstarAshar (Sunday, August 30, 2020), Seemab (Monday, February 24, 2014), Shooting Star (Tuesday, October 04, 2011)