View Single Post
Old Tuesday, January 02, 2007
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Miss_Naqvi has a spectacular aura aboutMiss_Naqvi has a spectacular aura about
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.junaid
the famous king,jam sahib,will never be forgotten as he was a great devotee of cricket.about 3000 runs in a season with an average of 87 was the hallmark of jam sahib.any one equaling the record of jam sahib never appeared on the scene.one of strongest teams,yarkshire,could not stop him from making a double century in one day match.shrewsbury cant be taken as peer to jam sahib as unlike jam sahib he was weak in making score on the board.one of the philosphical reason for his popularity among spectators is,no doubt,his way of making them amused with his game.

mam naqvi i think this time u wont ask me to ...repeat hunder time...
First few lines about your writing skills. Your writing is compact and concise and its the beauty of writing. You have good vocab of english the thing is to use it according to the requirements. One of my teachers says that every word has its place so if you will misplace them they will lose their worth. So take care of this thing.

Precis

The famous king of cricket, Jam Sahib, will never be forgotten as he was a great devotee of cricket. 3000 runs in a season with an average of 87 was the hallmark of Jam Sahib’s career as a great player. Any one equaling the record of jam sahib never appeared on the screen. One of strongest teams, Yorkshire, could not stop him from making a double century in one day match. Shrewsbury can’t be taken as peer to jam sahib as unlike jam sahib he was weak in making score on the board and made a pile of averages. One of the philosophical reasons for his popularity among spectators is, the way he add scores on the board and amuse public with his game.
(words 124)

There are some changings to meet the word demand as you have compiled the passage in only 94 words. One more that there is no title for the passage. That carry 5 marks so next time take care of this thing.

dr Junaid me also a learner like you... but my method is different I learn by teaching and always believe teaching is a two way process.