View Single Post
Old Saturday, November 26, 2011

azeegum has a spectacular aura aboutazeegum has a spectacular aura aboutazeegum has a spectacular aura about
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by zubi View Post
Q2. What are the phases of growth, maturation and development??
Phases of Growth in Human:

1. Gestation: It takes 40 weeks to complete. The growth in this phase is very fast. All requirements are obtained by embryo via placenta.
2. Infancy (or Early Childhood): It starts from birth of the baby till two years. The growth rate is fast. The baby is dependent on others for food at this stage.
3. Childhood: This phase of growth starts from 3 years of age till 10 years. The growth and mental development is steady in this stage. The child starts to become independent.
4. Adolescence: This phase starts from 11 years of age and ends by 17th or 18th year. This is the stage an optimal growth spurt, puberty and mental development. Human in this stage becomes increasingly independent.
5. Adulthood: This starts from the 18th year and ends by the 60th. Human undergoes peak health and fitness at this phase of life but no true growth occurs. Maturity or maturation is concomitant with adulthood. Human is completely independent at this stage of life.
6. Old age: This starts from the 60th year till death. At this stage human undergoes tissue degeneration and is increasingly dependent.

I have no detailed idea about the phases of maturation and development. I will sure put here when I study them.

Regards