View Single Post
Old Friday, December 02, 2011

Front line warrior is on a distinguished road
Angry Story of complete failure at ISSB

Dear brothers and sisters, after Asslam O Alicum, I want to share my sorrowful story of my efforts to join Pakistan Armored Forces as a commissioned officer. The duration of these efforts consists of the period of ten years and more or less one dozen attempts. I belong to a Sindhi family of Interior Sindh, where the general concept of Punjabi Supremacy in the military is found. I did not believe this concept and as already, from my childhood I was very much interested to join Pakistan Armored Forces.
I completed FSc in 2001 and from that period to now 2011 finally I got complete failure after getting Not Recommendation letter third time for The Course of DSSCICTOs from ISSB Gujranwala. My ID was ICGE/44. I stayed there from 23/10/2011 to 27/10/2011.
First time I reported Army Selection and Recruitment Centre Karachi for PMA long course in 2001 but I was marked Under-weight in the initial medical. Second time I went for registration in PN cadet course but was suggested to improve weight further. Third time I successfully cleared all initial steps and reported ISSB Malir for PN cadet course but I was sent back as I did not have original FSc mark-sheet with me.
Then I applied for PMA Long course 111 but was failed in initial written examination.
I again applied for PMA Long course 113 but this time I was failed in initial interview in AS&RC Karachi. I again registered myself for PN cadet course term 2003B and after successfully clearing all initial steps/tests I appeared in ISSB Malir with all my documents. This time as usual fortune was not with me and I was declared Not Recommended. My ID was NSKS/36.
After making so many efforts to join Pakistan Armored Forces, I was once again courageous and hopeful with some improvements in my personality as those which I realized reasons for my failure, I got registered for PN Cadet course term 2004A and after successfully clearing all initial tests I reported ISSB Malir third time but second attempt. This time I tried to perform well in the ISSB but was Not Recommended. My id was NSLD/27. I was disappointed but not discouraged so I thought that after completing my B.E degree I will once again try to join military. I did so. I tried to apply for ICTOs (Signals Core) in 2009 but that time due to some unavoidable reasons I did not get registered in the AS&RC. Finally in 2011 when I came to know that registration in PAKISTAN ARMY for Direct Short Service Commission in Signals Core as ICTOs (Information & Communication Technology Officers) is going on, I registered my self and after clearing all initial selection tests, I reported ISSB Gujranwala but perhaps there was no reality in my dream to join academy, I was Not Recommended third time and this way I was defeated by my relatives/friends by their comments that only Punjabis, Pukhtoons and sons/daughters of Military officers can join academy. I have no comments in reply of thoughts of my relatives/friends as I have not proved that a young man like me can join Pakistan Armored Forces.

When I make overview at my efforts to be successful at ISSB, I find that I had made all possible things to improve my personality, physical staimna, discipline in routine life, control of feelings, calculation power etc..,
But all the things made were based upon my own observations,and experience. No instructor or traineer I refered. Only ISSB books, discussions with selected and rejected candidates, and my own experience at ISSB was guideline for my preparation.
The Following User Says Thank You to Front line warrior For This Useful Post:
rmwaqas (Wednesday, August 22, 2012)