View Single Post
Old Saturday, December 10, 2011
29th CTP, 3rd (PSP)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2000 - Merit 3rdMedal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

nadem will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by camran View Post
Sir thank you very much for helping us.

Can you please elaborate what you mean “as per my experience PSP service is enjoyable for just 7,8 years”? Do you mean monotony that crepts in due to the same “police-chor” game? Or does it mean tough routine etc?

Can you explain the future of DMG group? The reason is that every government that comes up with local government ordinance aims at curtailing their powers [2001 ordinance a case in point]So do you think it is far-fetched when I speculate that, although currently having almost the pre-devolution powers, DMG might be subject to these ordinances again and again?

There are people who say that DMG depends upon on posting to posting. So one day you can be DCO and you get many advantages but the other day you can be a chairman of some unknown planning body/committee and don’t even get the vehicle. How much of it is true? If yes, then do you think its worth it?

Can you tell what is the career growth [holistically] in PSP vs DMG?

Lastly, Please comment on my group selection

Police Service of Pakistan,
District Management Group,
Military Lands & Cantonments Group,
Foreign Service of Pakistan,
Inland Revenue Service,
Office Management Group,
Pakistan Customs Service,
Commerce and Trade Group,
Pakistan Audit and Accounts Service,
Postal Group,
Information Group
Railways (Commercial and Transportation) Group
Well You have asked too many Qs...I try to answer most of them

7,8 years service means that when you get to the age of 40, you do not like to take police like pressures....and there are a lot of pressures since you are directly dealing with the criminals and you can know about those pressures only when you are part of the service...I cannot explain them here on this forum (These pressures are very different to the pressures faced by other Officers of the civil service)

About the future of DMG, that is evident from the fact that now there is Local Bodies System as at 13-08-2001 in Balochistan,Sindh,GB,AJK and ICT. Now KPK has announced to restore Commissionerate system and to raise the issue in the upcoming meeting of Council of Common Interest. In Malakand Division of KPK the old system has already been restored. Now only Punjab is left and even here a mixture of old and new is prevailing. So after looking at the progress made by DMG after being hit by Musharaf regime, I am very hopeful that within next 3 years or so the entire Pak would revert to that old Local Bodies System. Well let me mention here that we PSPs are in favour of old system coz coordination with Distt Admin is much smoother than with judiciary in routine matters. On 13-08-2001 an AC was a Magastrat (1st Class) he was NOT a judicial magistrate so executive was separate from judiciary already...1st Class Magistracy is just to enforce prevalent local laws and take off minor matters from routine judiciary. Governments will have to restore old system, moreover local bodies were there in old system as well, we just to functionalise them properly.

No! I do not agree with the concept of posting to posting thing. Look we all are Govt Servants, no officer enjoys 100% good postings...that is for all groups. I know a PSP who is without any posting for the last 4 months and not even sure that where he'll end up? even his salary was stopped, car has been taken back, no servant or cook...just nothing!!! and 4 months back he was posted as an SP (Operations) in a key city. Another example is of ex SSP (Operation) Lahore Shaukat Abbas, one day he was SSP Lahore and the next day was SSP (Admin) in Special Branch. Another officer was DPO in a city of Punjab and next day he was told to report to Balochistan. Another Officer was SP in a big city of punjab and next day he was asked to report to Balochistan. Another DPO was posted as Deputy Dir in Elite training school...where there is no proper office,vehicle and supporting staff when you compare it with being a DPO in Punjab. Similarly good/bad postings are part of service in DMG too but being two top groups mostly PSP/DMG get better postings and afterall DMG has wide range of better postings. The higher you go the difficult it is to get a better posting. what about being a DIG Telecom, DIG (Special Branch), DIG (Finance), DIG (Social Welfare) etc and in BPS-20 a DMG officer is a Provincial Secretary, and believe me,a Provincial Sectt (Social Welfare) is better placed than DIG (social welfare). So good postings are not property of ANY group...if you 'll have good references you 'll get good postings; make it simple!!!

As far as Career growth is concerned "There is no Doubt that DMG is the BEST", Well when i took CSS it was in year 2000, when there were rumours around about the LGO-2001, so people started saying that DMG will be destroyed, but time has proved those people wrong, today its 2011....things have changed, DMG has proved itself to be the "Real" group and it is again the top choice for most of the candidates. In current scenario i definately would had gone for DMG, infact a cousin of mine qualified in CSS-2010 and I made him to go for DMG and he has been allocated in DMG.

I'll advise this, rest of your own choice;

DMG
PSP
FSP (if aptitude allows)
IRS
PCS
PAAS
MLCG
OMG
IG
Railway
Postal

good luck and stay blessed
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to nadem For This Useful Post:
aniya warraich (Tuesday, January 01, 2013), ArifAwan (Sunday, December 11, 2011), Asif Gilani (Thursday, April 17, 2014), camran (Saturday, December 10, 2011), drvalentino (Thursday, December 19, 2013), Hamza Salick (Saturday, April 13, 2013), imranazeem (Friday, September 26, 2014), Razzi (Saturday, December 10, 2011), roijen (Wednesday, February 01, 2012), s malik (Monday, December 10, 2012), waleedbaig (Tuesday, July 17, 2012), waqas001 (Friday, March 21, 2014)