View Single Post
Old Wednesday, December 28, 2011

riversoul76 is on a distinguished road
Default My first Precis. Kindly check and suggest me.

This is SAJJAD from Karachi, i work with a private company and during office time i always enough time to visit this forum, i have submitted challan for CE-2012. I have only January and Feb for preparation. This is my first precis which i prepare while i was in office. My friends can you please check and let me know my mistakes.

Thank you very much in advance.

If then a practical end must be assigned to a University course, I say it is that of training good members of a society. Its ah is the art of social life, and its end is fitness for the world. It neither confines its views to particular professions on the one hand, not creates heroes or inspires genius on the other. Works indeed of genius fall under no art; heroic minds come under no rule; a University is not a birthplace of poets or of immortal authors, of founders of schools, leaders of colonies, or conquerors of nations. It does not promise a generation of Aristotle or Newtons of Napoleons or Washingtons of Raphaels or Shakespearcs though such miracles of nature it has before now contained within its precincts. Nor is it content on the other hand with forming the critic or the experimentalist, the economist or the engineer, through such too it includes within its scope. But a University training is the great ordinary means to a great ordinary end; it aims at raising the intellectual tone of society, at cultivating the public mind, at purifying the national taste, at supplying true principles to popular aspirations. It is the education which gives a man a clear conscious view of his own opinions and judgments, a truth in developing them, an eloquence in expressing them, and a force in urging them, ft teaches him to sec things as they arc, to go right to the point, to disentangle a skein of thought, to detect what is sophistical and to - discard what is irrelevant. It prepares him to fill any post with credit, and to master any subject with facility.

UNIVERSITY EDUCATION.

University education produce healthy and positive minds that aspire guiding principles of social life, its not the birthplace of great leaders or of those who change the course of history, though it harnesses the very essence of once intellectual and professional genius. It changes intellectual outlook of the society through its mature characteristics of imparting knowledge and life to its aspirants. Adult education purifies the individuals, revives the geographical thinking and supplies principles to popular aspirations. University education enables men and women to master their subjects and prepares them to shoulder the responsibilities national progress.