View Single Post
Old Friday, December 30, 2011
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Best Moderator Award: Awarded for censoring all swearing and keeping posts in order. - Issue reason:

Thanked 2,347 Times in 1,010 Posts
Shooting Star has much to be proud ofShooting Star has much to be proud ofShooting Star has much to be proud ofShooting Star has much to be proud ofShooting Star has much to be proud ofShooting Star has much to be proud ofShooting Star has much to be proud ofShooting Star has much to be proud ofShooting Star has much to be proud ofShooting Star has much to be proud of

Had you agreed to last line of post #22,you would have stopped arguing.

Let me put it bluntly.

I agreed to your idea in the very first post because i thought its brilliant but your demands are too ambitious and somewhat impractical.

1)though change is inevitable and positive change should be welcom but turning the whole system upside down cannot be called change.Even if one succeed in achieving change via such practices then it soon turns into a disaster and creates a huge mess.Let change occur gradually.

On one side you are belittling the worth of free guidance and notes present in the forum but on the other side you are suggesting those "ordinary" members to be part time teachers.
If you are getting free of cost guidance and help from them than what is the point in paying huge fee.

LI has rightly mentioned the cost and all the hurdles in the execution of such a vast project.
what if they hire so many teachers and just 20 or say 50 students agree to avial the opportunity and each with a different set of subjects,who would pay the tutor's salary.Would you like to pay the salary on behalf of the administration?That's why only official know they have the responsibility and no one would come to rescue them.

This sort of projects need a well thought plan and it can take years to implement such things.We can start here with one subject from next year and after seeing the turn around of students,this scheme can be further planned or banned.But compelling the management to do everything Right Now is childish.

2)This scheme is very costly as well.One has to pay at least 25 to 30k per session(safe estimate)if one wants to study all the subjects from best teachers.So it can only prove fruitful to those in a long run who belong to backward areas or those who want to study in the comfort of their homes.

3)Don't give such sweeping statements as who has dard-e-dill and who does not.All members, belonging to any province, are assets of this forum.You should refrain from such biased statements.

4)then who's job is motivation?We do not get motivation by looking at forum for hours.It is the individuals and their efforts which motivate us i.e its members.If you are suggesting some kind of psychologist for this then again it is not possible just in a year.

In the end,i would suggest that don't belittle the efforts of all the members which they are doing free of cost.If one pay a little attention to suggestions of seniors and csps than one cannot get wayward from subject and books selection till the interview process.

Now you have planted the seed,let it grow on its own.Every decision of administration is for the betterment of this community so let them decide freely.