View Single Post
Old Friday, December 30, 2011

roijen has a spectacular aura aboutroijen has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Then what's the point in hiring tutors? Arent they serving for free already?
You may not hire tutors at once. Give the high achievers badges and a little of responsibility so that everyone knows whom to turn to in the time of need. A starter of the thread would not use words as 'any senior', 'any person from past experience', 'anyone who appeared'. The appointed person, who is all, should act as a director, a resource person. But not a spoon-feeder, which actually make his or her task easier. And the aspirant will be moved to work, instead of cramming outdated things and searching for ready made notes. They will be actively involved in learning skills under their subject-directorship. I repeat so that others also understand that this approach is more going to mean a burden (and therefore effort) on the candidate's part and a freedom for the moderators and the tutors.

By doing this, at least a formal tradition will be set.

As for 'will they agree to it?', I think yes. Most of the CSPs who have had good time here, will want to payback, speaking morally. (Some even would wish moderatorship!) Ask them. Theory says it, they should be obliged. For it is a noble cause, and they are noble people.

Below all, it is going to be a humble beginning. And to be frank, I do not see myself enjoying the fruit of it much (I know how to get help). People following will. This project would take three years, to rise to maturity, and the reason why folks are saying it is not feasible.

Quote:
What made you think I am going to do that?
Well you will do it, if not overburdened already. Even if you have entrenched commitments you will find sometime if the members asked you something from the past papers. For example, if I asked you to check my sentences I made of idioms, you can tell me to go back and make another. You know what I will learn? Much!

But the tendency of nowadays aspirants this is 'I want somebody to make sentences for me', 'somebody give me past solved papers, and when I'll fail I will be back as a demagogue, because I have a lot of distorted facts from academies, fellows, and hearsay from examination hall too, irresponsibility; flooding threads because I do not make efforts; this compels me to feel important; my job is to post songs'.

Quote:
All of them have no such experience and most of them are busy and have their professional and domestic commitments.
Doesn't matter, as I said it will set the tradition. Even if they come once in two weeks, it is going to work. It is like Farz-e-Kafaya; a few of them visiting at one time will be enough to maintain the decorum. Aspirants should learn to be patient.

Quote:
Can you guarantee that?
I can guarantee you three times this. Reason is the mob-mentality, when one is set to do something others follow will without asking. And what's the danger in that. We are not going to hire tutors for 2012. Nothing involving sums in this 'crawl' phase.

Quote:
I had set 10000 for 2 months even then the sum was too huge. Yeh kis hisab se her student ke hissay main 400 aa raha hai?

Pay for two months as you have set = 20,000
Tutors = 46
Total = 920000

Agar her member 12 papers ki fee pay kerta hai lets suppose, then: 200 x 12 = 2400 x 2 = 4800 x 50 = 240000
Who is going to pay the rest of Rs. 680000?
There is a little misunderstanding in the scope. This is the 'run' phase you are suggesting. This project will not bloom at once. There will be a constant and active design process along the way. Besides my plan vary, I'll explain.