View Single Post
Old Friday, December 30, 2011
Super Moderator
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Best Moderator Award: Awarded for censoring all swearing and keeping posts in order. - Issue reason: Best Mod 2008

Thanked 1,764 Times in 818 Posts
Princess Royal is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Royal is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Royal is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Royal is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Royal is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Royal is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Royal is a splendid one to behold
Default Playing Quran in the background

Hey All !

Usually when someone plays Quran and is not attentive to it people say to either listen to it or close it cuz it's like dis-respecting Quran having it in the background while we are busy doing some stuff.

Looking at it from a different perspective, i believe it should be ok. My reasons go as follows:

1. You know how they say that everything and everyone releases positive and negative energy and the one that's more in proportion takes control. Like if in a place you have all sort of activities like clubbing and blah blah, people in that place tend to be more attracted towards them. Likewise, in a religious place people tend to be more worshiping. So, even if one is not attentive to Quran isn't it still ok cuz at least some divinity is being spread in the surrounding? In other words, something positive that the person is surrounded by and something positive that's happening to him/her.

2. You know how they say that music affects your mind functioning and it can control you in fact THEY (i hope you get what i mean by "they" ) control us through music and television and blah blah. So even when we have a song played that we aren't attentive to, it still affects us and most of us even get tuned with it. So, even if one is not attentive to Quran isn't it still ok cuz at least we don't get "tuned" or controlled by something such as music? In other words, something positive is being stored in our unconscious part of the mind instead of negative that is specifically meant in today's era to control us. Like we also have those diffuse images that we don't notice but they do affect us cuz our unconsciousness recognizes them.

3. Since the food of soul is the word of God (the place from where it has come), that is only what can keep it healthy and satisfied. So, even if one is not attentive to Quran isn't it still ok cuz at least the soul is getting what it needs. In other words, our ears may not be attentive but I believe our soul is.

So, what do you guys say?

Last edited by Princess Royal; Friday, December 30, 2011 at 09:13 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Princess Royal For This Useful Post:
azeegum (Sunday, January 01, 2012), inayatali (Friday, January 06, 2012), Muhammad T S Awan (Saturday, December 31, 2011)