View Single Post
Old Saturday, December 31, 2011

mjkhan is a name known to allmjkhan is a name known to allmjkhan is a name known to allmjkhan is a name known to allmjkhan is a name known to allmjkhan is a name known to all

I think i understand your intent.And i knew it even when i made the previous post.Personally speaking,had i been in the place of that guy involved in chool activities i would have installed quranic tunes in my mobile phone to bring myself closer to GOD cause when you are already away from your GOD or stuck deep down in the sins then it is better to try whatever you can to get out of that situation rather than worrying about other strict religious obligations,be it with the help of quranic ringtone to keep me in touch with the right.This is because we all know that GOD is merciful and even if we ask for forgiveness at a later stage after being out of the situation in which we were previously,GOD will certainly forgive us.

But there can be situations otherwise to what you came up with that guy involved in cool activities.there can be hundreds of them.

For instance my friend was sitting beside me who recently got inclined strictly towards islam.His mobile rung and the there was some quranic verse set as a tune on his mobile.At once another friend,who was in a disturbed state of mind, shouted "yar isey to band kar".And then after realizing his mistake on knowing the fact that the tune was of some quranic verse he immediately did astaghfar.

So the point is i am no aalim to declare that quranic verses should be there or not as ring tones in mobile phones.My opinion in this regard is that it should not be there because it needs a lot of care.for example the mobile should not be in the pocket of jeans.it should not be taken to washrooms etc etc.

If ones feel that she/he can take care of the sensitivities involved then she/he should go for it.

Again quranic verses stored in the mobile phone for listening during travel etc should be absolutely fine.

Still it will be unethical.lol

Another thing coming to my mind is that speaking is strictly not allowed during azaan.Similarly speaking is also not allowed during jumma khutba and majalis etc.QURAN is masoom and surely it has greater respect than azaan or juma khutba.so after this i dont think there is much space for your case.Rest is known better by ALLAH or some righteous and fair aalim should be consulted for this matter.
Arain007 (Saturday, December 31, 2011), Princess Royal (Saturday, December 31, 2011)