View Single Post
Old Monday, January 02, 2012
39th CTP (DMG)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2010 - Merit  09Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

maliasghar is a glorious beacon of lightmaliasghar is a glorious beacon of lightmaliasghar is a glorious beacon of lightmaliasghar is a glorious beacon of lightmaliasghar is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by salmanshahid2002 View Post
Dear Sir,

I have selected three subjects each one of 200 marks (for CSS exam 2013).
Economics (I 've read at chartered accountancy Mod-B)
Geography (Not studied before but having interest in this subject since my 8th grade)
INDOPAK HISTORY (would be new subject for me)

I want suggestions regarding Indo pak history.
I have a policy of not advising anyone (even my own relatives) on subject selection, because this decision varies from person to person to a large extent. You must opt for subjects owing to your personal interest, as I have repeatedly mentioned in this thread and elsewhere. The first two subjects are linked, especially the paper two of geography with that of economy. These subjects require understanding and a mere ratafication would not do.
Indo-Pakistan has persistently been a low scoring subject, but Paper II would be an entire overlap with Pakistan Affairs so can lessen your work load.

Quote:
Is it permissible to opt three subjects of 200marks in CSS?
Yes, as far as I know. I have not known any bar on selecting three 200 marks subjects.

Quote:
Would I face problems(related to preparation) due to selection of three subjects all carrying equal marks(200)?If yes then what kind of problems?
Even a 200 marks subject is in fact two papers clubbed together. So in effect you would be preparing for six subjects in three groups. I don't see any odd reason why you should face any issue.

Quote:
My post may be irrelevant to this thread but I cannot help my self to ask as you have not only qualified but qualified with distinction.
Thanks.

Last edited by marwatone; Tuesday, January 03, 2012 at 04:13 PM. Reason: Font color changed from red.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to maliasghar For This Useful Post:
Naqash Fatima (Monday, January 02, 2012), salmanshahid2002 (Monday, January 02, 2012), shay mureed (Tuesday, January 03, 2012)